We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 days in victoria itinerary and restaurant suggestion

3 posts
Save Topic
2 days in victoria itinerary and restaurant suggestion

Hello folks,

Me and my sister are arriving in Victoria around 11am from Seattle on Saturday morning and leaving on Monday morning. We want to have as much as we can. We won't have car. Feel free to let me know if i should remove/add some of the things. Being a student, we don't want to spend too much money but still want to make our trip memorable. We will be staying at Ocean Island Inn. I dont have any idea how to plan as it is our first trip together by ourselves ever. here is the list i came up with:

- Inner harbor tour

- carriage tour

- Royal bc museum

- willows beach

- butchart and butterfly gardens

- biking (somewhere?)

- kayaking (less expensive option?)

- China town

1) how should I set my plan for sat and sun?

2) what time of the day should we take inner harbor and carriage tour?

3) we are taking seaplane from Seattle (lake union) to Victoria. Is it worth the price or should we stick with ferry?

4) Sis is vegan so any restaurants recommendations?

7 replies to this topic
3 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 days in victoria itinerary and restaurant suggestion

I can not edit the post for some reason but I think it is important to mention I am giving a surprise to my sis (17 yrs old) with this trip so I am the only one who is planning. The dates for our trip are Jun 16- Jun 18. Please recommend me which carriage tour to take if you think we must

3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 days in victoria itinerary and restaurant suggestion

No reply? :(

Vancouver-by-the-Sea
Destination Expert
for British Columbia
Level Contributor
9,674 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: 2 days in victoria itinerary and restaurant suggestion

Your question has been asked & answered dozens of times over Please read older posts in the Victoria forum.

Victoria, Canada
Destination Expert
for Victoria, Port Angeles
Level Contributor
1,475 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 2 days in victoria itinerary and restaurant suggestion

If you click on Restaurants just below the top banner, and then on Vegan Options under Dietary Restrictions on the left side, you will get a list of vegan-friendly restaurants. Take a look at Rebar and Nourish Kitchen & Cafe; there are many others listed that you can browse through.

given your short time in town, I would skip the carriage tour as it, of course, goes at a very slow pace.

the seaplane saves you about six hours (return) vs. the Clipper catamaran, and is a very scenic trip, albeit expensive.

I presume the harbour tour you mention would be on a wee harbour ferry; good idea. there are actually several routes you can choose from. you might want to time it so that you can take in the Sunday 10:45 am 12 minute Water Ballet while you are there.

if you like bicycling then, by all means, rent bikes in the inner harbour area, and visit all around downtown, plus beacon hill park, Chinatown, antique row, Craigdarroch castle, etc. You can also rent from the green U-Bicycle people.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,709 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 2 days in victoria itinerary and restaurant suggestion

I ate at Rebar a few weeks ago and whilst not a vegetarian really enjoyed the food and service. Lots of solo diners in there as well.

Guadalajara, Mexico
Level Contributor
6 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 2 days in victoria itinerary and restaurant suggestion

I loved Jam Cafe, which is right next to Chinatown. Vast portions, good prices and the only semi inconvenience is having to wait in line. Not that long a wait, though, and it's surely worth it. Not an all vegetarian place, but my girlfriend is and she had a delicious veggie sandwich.

Coombs
Level Contributor
731 posts
258 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 2 days in victoria itinerary and restaurant suggestion

Cafe bliss on pandora, Be Love on Blanchard and my go to is always rebar. Victoria is pretty good for vegans .

Reply to: 2 days in victoria itinerary and restaurant suggestion
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted