We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stanley Park - End of August

Temple, TX
Level Contributor
278 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Stanley Park - End of August

What is the best way to see Stanley Park -- by foot, bicycle?

Also -- renting a moped -- is this something you would do?

Are Segways allowed?

We only have one full day in your beautiful city prior to our northbound cruise.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
59,189 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Stanley Park - End of August

A bike rental would give you plenty of flexibility in SP.

Spokes rents them at Denman and Georgia.

Vancouver BC
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
9,112 posts
187 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Stanley Park - End of August

Never have seen a Segway in Vancouver.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,983 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Stanley Park - End of August

I have seen Segway's on the seawall, however it is rare, most walk or ride bikes.

Mopeds are not allowed on the seawall or on the trails so you would be restricted to the road. The best way is by bikes. There is only one place I can think of where bikes aren't allowed in the park and that is just before Lions Gate Bridge, the trail to Beaver Lake has a fish stream that is sensitive. There are signs. I would lock up my bike for a minute though and walk under the bridge through to the lake. It's a lovely little trail.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,983 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Stanley Park - End of August

I just wanted to add, that depending on where you are staying downtown, it may be easier to rent from Reckless Bikes in Yaletown and start your seawall ride from there.

Vancouver-by-the-Sea
Destination Expert
for British Columbia
Level Contributor
8,694 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Stanley Park - End of August

Segways are effectively banned here as they are not allowed on either sidewalks or roadways.

Temple, TX
Level Contributor
278 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Stanley Park - End of August

Thanks so much. We are staying at the Delta Vancouver Suites.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
59,189 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Stanley Park - End of August

http://g.co/maps/cfbyg

With the Delta at balloon C in the map above, it would be six of one and half dozen of the other for the bike shops. It would depend if you wanted to ride the seawall from Reckless through David Lam Park, under the Granville and Burrard Bridges, all the way down to English Bay, the Sylvia Hotel and Denman St. Then head over to the entrance to Stanley Park. You do have to go round in a counterclockwise direction. It would be a beautiful ride.

8. Re: Stanley Park - End of August

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 June 2013, 05:47