We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

your favorite 5 restaurants in Vancouver

Bay Area
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Topic
your favorite 5 restaurants in Vancouver

Which restaurants did you enjoy the most or would love to go back to? I'll be near the Convention Center for a week -- and love tasty food.

Vancouver-by-the-Sea
Destination Expert
for British Columbia
Level Contributor
8,691 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: your favorite 5 restaurants in Vancouver

Anatolia Express @ the front of the convention centre itself-outstanding spot for a take out lunch.

…wordpress.com/2012/02/16/anatolia-express-v…

Guu Otokamae-outstanding Izakaya atmosphere

http://www.guu-izakaya.com/gastown/

My other faves are nowhere near so I'll let others chip in with their mainstream suggestions-this forum has a very mainstream focus.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
164 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: your favorite 5 restaurants in Vancouver

I love eating at the following places that are close to where you're staying:

YEW restaurant + bar 791 W Georgia St (Four Seasons Hotel)

Rodney's Oyster House 1228 Hamilton St (Yaletown)

Chambar 562 Beatty St

Salt Tasting Room 45 Blood Alley (Gastown)

Vancouver BC
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
9,111 posts
187 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: your favorite 5 restaurants in Vancouver

My current Favourite is Black and Blue (steaks) and a rooftop about to open. Same owners have Coast for steaks and seafood next door. Rodney's is a casual and fun oyster/clam bar. Carderos' deck over the marina offers out of towners a view of sea and mountains. Every visitor has at least one meal at Joe Fortes and a 6th for simply always getting it right is Ciopinni's in Yaletown.

Bay Area
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: your favorite 5 restaurants in Vancouver

It's fun to read about your favorite restaurants! Thanks so much for sharing. I can hardly wait!

Westcoast_Girl
Level Contributor
315 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: your favorite 5 restaurants in Vancouver

I love Chambar. Hands down.

For something else different, I would suggest Bao Bei in Gastown (started by an ex employee of Chambar), followed by a drink at the Keefer Bar merely steps away. Great food, excellent service, lovely and interesting atmosphere. Much less touristy as well. Have fun!

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
7,305 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: your favorite 5 restaurants in Vancouver

I'm also a big fan of Chambar and Keefer Bar. And along a similar theme, check out L'Abattoir: http://www.labattoir.ca/

For sandwiches, Meat and Bread is fairly popular:

http://meatandbread.ca/

I like Sam's recommendation for Guu with Otokomae.

Just avoid Mexican food in Vancouver (especially coming from the Bay area - you'll be heavily disappointed, always) and instead try more Japanese restaurants instead, and you'll come out on top.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
164 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: your favorite 5 restaurants in Vancouver

Good call on Keefer Bar and L'Abattoir! Forgot about those two.

Just remembered another one. Nuba Restaurant. 207 W Hastings St (Gastown area) Middle Eastern food.

Taipei, Taiwan
Level Contributor
25 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: your favorite 5 restaurants in Vancouver

Guu garlic / kobashi - Guu garlic is on Robson and Guu Kobashi is on Denman both Japanese Izakaya and food is excellent :)

Memphis Blues - One location along commercial a few blocks after 1st ave. great if you are going with a group of people and you can get the priscilla platter - full of BBQ meats! Delish!

There is also a location on W. Broadway close to the corner of Granville and W. Broadway if you take the bus from downtown.

La Bodega - Spanish tapas.. mussels are good and potatoes.. although I am kinda crazy about my potatoes.. :S and the best sangria around.. introduced two friends to sangria there and they have been hooked since...:D On Howe street

The Reef - Main street, just past King Edward Street on Main... Carribean/Jamaican themed food! Again great Sangria :) And their prime rib is moist and really good with mashed potatoes... :)

White Plains, New...
Destination Expert
for White Plains, Aruba
Level Contributor
6,563 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: your favorite 5 restaurants in Vancouver

DH enjoyed Meat and Bread in April. They were busy

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,513 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: your favorite 5 restaurants in Vancouver

Great suggestions and thanks for locations. Any great vegetarian places? Cheaper, fun eats? (a lot of the restaurants sound good, but after a few meals, I might be busting my budget!!). Also, any places that are just fun atmosphere?