We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Resorts/Hotels between Kelowna & Vancouver airport

Northern Ireland...
Level Contributor
35 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Resorts/Hotels between Kelowna & Vancouver airport

Looking somewhere to spend 2 nights at the end of a 3 week holiday in Sept. We will be in Kelowna for 2 nights and then making our way to Vancouver airport. We will have done a lot of hiking and kayaking etc so looking for relaxing and doing very little. Has anyone got any recommendations for resorts? Also is it likely to be warm enough for any swimming in lakes?

22 replies to this topic
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
31,940 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Resorts/Hotels between Kelowna & Vancouver airport

Harrison Hot Springs is the obvious choice.

harrisonresort.com/http:/…

The air might be warm enough, but not all the lakes will be. Many lakes are glacier fed and just never get warm. There are some popular swimming lakes that are spring fed and not so cold.

Are you looking for a final stop prior to a flight out? What time is your flight on the last day. Harrison to the airport would be reasonable for an evening flight, but if you are flying out earlier, then I'd head in to Langley, White Rock or Steveston.

Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
27,973 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Resorts/Hotels between Kelowna & Vancouver airport

What time does the flight leave from YVR? I wouldn't want to be too far away from the airport, that is for sure.

White Rock might fit the bill for you. It is very close to the airport.

Have you already got your eTA approved?

https:/…apply.html

You can't get on the plain without it!

I'd jump in the lakes in the Okanagan at the end of September, but others might not!

OH! Good call for Harrison! That would be nicer than White Rock for sure!

Edited: 10 June 2018, 21:15
Northern Ireland...
Level Contributor
35 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Resorts/Hotels between Kelowna & Vancouver airport

Thanks, Flight home is 3pm so should be ok. Happy to take both nights in the same place or 2 different ones if I come across them. Or stay on an extra night in Kelowna if it is nice and just 1 in Harrison Springs maybe?

Edited: 10 June 2018, 21:19
Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
27,973 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Resorts/Hotels between Kelowna & Vancouver airport

You would want to be at the airport by noon then. Time needed to return the rental car too, right? At the airport? Or a downtown location. Hope you aren't booked with Budget! You want to avoid Budget at the airport.

Penticton, Canada
Level Contributor
19,658 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Resorts/Hotels between Kelowna & Vancouver airport

one idea: spend the time in the Okanagan then on the day before the flight leave after supper and get to Chilliwack or further to get a nights sleep and use the morning to visit something near Vancouver like the seaside village/town of White Rock or Steveston.

Comox,British...
Destination Expert
for Victoria
Level Contributor
1,605 posts
417 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Resorts/Hotels between Kelowna & Vancouver airport

Harrison Hot Springs Resort is perfect for relaxing and doing very little

You can get a package where you get daily buffet breakfast and dinner in the Copper Room

The pools themselves are very relaxing,they offer afternoon tea by the fireplace

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
31,940 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Resorts/Hotels between Kelowna & Vancouver airport

Ok, yes, then I would change this up. I would have an extra night in Kelowna, and then head to something closer to the airport for that last night. Look for a nice, rural BnB in Ladner or Steveston. Beautiful, agricultural areas, Steveston is a tourist destination in its own right.

https://goo.gl/maps/FScPuJGenGJ2

https:/…

http://www.tourismdelta.com/

Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
27,973 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Resorts/Hotels between Kelowna & Vancouver airport

What day of the week is the flight? During the week, you will have to contend with rush hour. But with a noon arrival time, I think you would be okay, regardless of where you stay that last night.

Harrison Hot Springs will be just under two hours of driving to YVR. So you would want to leave about 10:00 in the morning. Still enough time to enjoy breakfast in the Copper Room I think.

Northern Ireland...
Level Contributor
35 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Resorts/Hotels between Kelowna & Vancouver airport

Flight home is Saturday 22nd. I think I will do 2 x Kelowna, 1 x Harrison Hot Springs Resort and then I think the last night in White Rock to be closer to airport. Thanks for all prompt suggestions. Very much appreciated.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
8,102 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Resorts/Hotels between Kelowna & Vancouver airport

Hmmmm. I love Harrison Hot Springs but... I'd set expectations.

It is an older, vintage, 1920s-era hotel with public swimming pools that pipe in hot springs water (from a nearby source) into the pools. There are no natural hot springs pools to be seen. At times it feels like you've stepped on the set of the Shining, though I love it! But I'd set those expectations ahead of time.

A lot of locals go there for their weekend getaway away from the city. A lot of boyfriends and girlfriends on romantic dates, the international hot springs tourists, and then the weird mix of local suburbanites in the wild throws of their stagette parties. And the main pool is where all of this group mingles, elbow-to-elbow. Needless to say, it's always an interesting, colourful mix of people and it's always friendly and good-natured. But again, I would set those expectations because it could be a turn-off if you didn't expect it, especially given the price.

I still vividly remember last year in May watching rambunctious mothers (in their 60s?) and daughters (in their 40s?) perhaps at a stagette party, throwing back shots of pink booze in the pool, while wide-eyed elderly German and Japanese tourists look on in awe. It's a place where you go to stay put at the resort, knowing it's kind of old and kooky. The Copper Room feels like something out of a time warp (though it's lovely!). A lot of elderly ballroom dancers come out to dance there every evening... and sometimes on busy nights, it feels as though you've crashed a wedding party, and that can be fun. And I say this with love, but... just go into Harrison Hot Springs knowing that you're paying a lot of money and things are a bit kooky.

Edited: 11 June 2018, 01:36
Reply to: Resorts/Hotels between Kelowna & Vancouver airport
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted