We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

camping, boating near grand prairie

Calgary, AB
Level Contributor
68 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
camping, boating near grand prairie

Can anyone tell me if there if there are any good lakes near GP for boating and waterskiing? a campground with beach and boat access would be ideal. I want to come to GP to ride your flowrider (shame on you if you live there and are not using it!) But I'd like to bring the boat and family this summer and make a vacation out of it. any info is great, thanks!

4 replies to this topic
Jasper, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jasper, Jasper National Park, Canadian Rockies
Level Contributor
20,263 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: camping, boating near grand prairie

I'm not sure if we have any Grande Prairie locals posting here on the forums. Perhaps the directory on the GP tourism website might be a good place to start your search? Campgrounds are one of the search options on this page: http://reservations.northerntravel.ca/

The other place I would suggest checking is the Travel Alberta Campground Guide. You may be able to find it online, or you can order a paper copy from them. www.travelalberta.com

Quitman, Texas
Level Contributor
142 posts
220 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: camping, boating near grand prairie

We stayed at Camp Tamarack RV Park in Grande Prairie in a 32' motorhome a few days ago. Knowing that a long Canadian holiday weekend was starting, I called to make a reservation for Thursday night earlier that day. The owner did not think she had any vacancies but did some rearranging of the bookings so that we would be able to stay for one night. She was very prompt in calling me back. The park has lovely trees between sites and very nice bath/shower facilities. Also has a small gift shop. We enjoyed our stay.

Level Contributor
437 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: camping, boating near grand prairie

I know I am really late to this topic but Sturgeon Lake has a campground with a boat launch and beach access. It is aprox 1 hour east of Grande Prairie. Provincial Campground is Youngs Point.

Here is there website you can reserve in advance. http://www.albertaparks.ca/young's-point.aspx

Kamloops, Canada
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: camping, boating near grand prairie

We stayed at Camp Tamarack RV park in mid-July and would highly recommend it as a camp spot. It has treed sites, fire pits, picnic tables, clean bathrooms and helpful staff. We stayed for 3 nights and loved it. Would definitely stay there again. When researching things to see and do in Grande Prairie we found the Grande Prairie Tourism site very helpful. http://gptourism.ca

Reply to: camping, boating near grand prairie
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Grande Prairie
Our community is here to help!
Ask questions, get advice and more from travellers like you.
Join TripAdvisor