We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Arrive Calgarly Sept 2011

UK
Level Contributor
27 posts
89 reviews
Save Topic
Arrive Calgarly Sept 2011

My Wife and I are arriving in Calgary in September for 2 weeks, I want to spend a couple of days in Calgary then get a hire car to move on. I don't want to pick a car up at the airport just to leave it in a hotel car park for two days. What are my options for getting from the airport into Calgary, we arrive mid afternoon?

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary
Level Contributor
27,161 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Arrive Calgarly Sept 2011

In July, Calgary Transit is going to start an express bus service (Bus Rapid Transit, or BRT) from the airport to the downtown core, with a limited number of stops along the way. There will be an $8 per person charge for this. Once the route is announced, you might want to look into hotels near the stops.

Calgary Transit's website is www.calgarytransit.com , but once the details are finalized, I'll post them in this forum as well.

By waiting 24 hours or more after your arrival, and then renting a car from an off-airport location (like the downtown core), you may have substantial savings on your car rental as well.

Calgary
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Arrive Calgarly Sept 2011

Most Hotels in the Airport area offer free shuttle service to and from the airport. Ask your hotel when booking.

3. Re: Arrive Calgarly Sept 2011

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2012, 21:49