We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Banff Park

Belfast, United...
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Banff Park

Is there a bus/shuttle service I can get that will take me and return me to visit Banff from Calgary ? Thanx

Mentioned in this post
Banff
Banff
Banff National Park, Canada
Calgary
Calgary
Alberta, Canada
4 replies to this topic
Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Canadian Rockies
Level Contributor
7,622 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Banff Park

When are you visiting?

The main transport option from the Calgary area to Banff/Lake Louise are airport shuttles. I believe that Brewsters/Pursuit also runs a shuttle from some downtown hotels, though with limited timings. There are a few day tours from Calgary, though most tend to be based out of Banff.

On weekends in the summer, there is also a bus service that departs from a couple of the C-Train stations in Calgary. It's more focused on locals, so the stations are at the north and south ends of town. You could take the C-Train from downtown to the stations. I think it's $10 one way.

Whether/if any of these options makes sense for your needs depends on when you are visiting, where you are staying in Calgary and where you want to go in the mountains. Most of these options are only available late May to early October. Outwith that time, airport shuttles and a rental car are about the only realistic options.

Also, if you want to go Lake Louise, there are buses in the summer, though the transfers can quickly eat into the time you have to see and do things. There are no buses, other than Greyhound, which has a limited and inconvenient schedule.

Mentioned in this post
Calgary
Calgary
Alberta, Canada
Banff
Banff
Banff National Park, Canada
Belfast, United...
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Banff Park

Hi, thanx for your reply. I'm already here in Calgary, but leaving to go home on Sunday. It was just a spare of the moment thing, would loved to have visited this trip but maybe next time. Thank you

Mentioned in this post
Calgary
Calgary
Alberta, Canada
Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary
Level Contributor
26,838 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Banff Park

You can take the On-It Regional Transit bus on Saturday (cheapest option for a day trip - $20 round trip plus $~10 for a park pass for the day); if interested, buy your tickets online ASAP:

onitregionaltransit.ca/calgarybanff-service/

For more money, you can catch the Brewster / Pursuit bus downtown tomorrow or Saturday:

https:/…

Belfast, United...
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Banff Park

Thank you so much. I'll look into it

Reply to: Banff Park
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
;