We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Park For U at Calgary Airport

Park For U at Calgary Airport

I have just used this brand new (to Calgary) service and it was fantastic. Most affordable option. No shuttles. Help getting bags out of my car when dropped off (in my own car) right at the terminal. A warm car to pick me up when I got home. Arrived in less than 10 minutes from my phone call. Both drivers I met were super friendly and I felt completely comfortable. I was travelling as a woman alone. This service would also be amazing with my toddler in the carseat because I wouldn't have to get him in and out and figure out how to pack a car seat into a cab or haul it into a shuttle. Best parking option for flying. Period. And if I wanted to pay the extra to have the full valet experience, it would still have cost me less in total than a cab from home one way! (I live about 40 minutes from the airport).

And there's an easy to use app too.

Thanks boys. You've got a great business model. Good luck!

23 replies to this topic
Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Canadian Rockies
Level Contributor
8,331 posts
4 reviews
1. Re: Park For U at Calgary Airport

Note that they can only take one person in the vehicle beyond their driver, so the toddler idea would not work.

2. Re: Park For U at Calgary Airport

Not true. The only limitation is if you have all of the seats in your vehicle occupied you need to drop off one or all passengers before-hand so that there is room for Park For U's driver to drive you back to the terminal.

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary
Level Contributor
2,690 posts
112 reviews
3. Re: Park For U at Calgary Airport

Hmmm, sounds like an advertisement. Only 3 forum comments, just to talk about parking.

4. Re: Park For U at Calgary Airport

Ummm - no. I'm a genuine person. I have no affiliation. I just really liked the service and the price and thought it would be nice to say so in the hopes that they get more business and are still around the next time I need to park! I hate that there's no decent way for me to park or travel to the airport from outside of the city. It sours a nice trip. And I found something to make my trip nicer. Seriously, since when is it not okay to be genuinely positive and happy about something? Sorry that I only posted about something when it was really outstanding... yeesh.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
27,165 posts
94 reviews
5. Re: Park For U at Calgary Airport

In that case, I hope you'll stick around aon the forums a while and answer some travellers' questions about Calgary.

Edited: 21 March 2018, 09:57
Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary
Level Contributor
2,690 posts
112 reviews
6. Re: Park For U at Calgary Airport

Ok, I just researched them in depth...price is good, but no way I'm ok with them using my vehicle as the shuttle...especially when there are many new park and rides popping up in the far NE of Calgary at the moment, at comparable prices (fraction more). Each to their own I guess.

SE Ontario
Level Contributor
26,021 posts
15 reviews
7. Re: Park For U at Calgary Airport

Park for U has been in Toronto at Pearson for well over a year now. Sounds as though they've either opened in Calgary, or sold a franchise option. In general they get good reviews on the Toronto forum, so hopefully it will be the same in Calgary.

8. Re: Park For U at Calgary Airport

It's a franchise - I asked. A cousin of the guy who runs it in Toronto. I read all of the Toronto reviews too, and the ones on google so thought I'd risk it. Agreed, many other options popping up now too. A little competition is great!

Cieza (Murcia)
3 posts
9. Re: Park For U at Calgary Airport

I used this service last week and my experience is 100% positive. This is how it works:

1. You book your parking and pay in advance using their website:

https://www.parkforu.com/

2. Although not necessary, I recommend downloading their app:

https:/…

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details…

You have all the details of your booking, including the name and contact information of the driver that will be in charge of taking to to and from the airport. If you enable the notifications, you can even know when your driver has been assigned.

I got mine about one hour before the drop-off and pick-up times.

In the app you can also check the photos that the driver takes to your car when drop-off.

2. At the booked day and time you go to their "parking" located at 4207 80 AVE N.E, Calgary, AB. They share the space with the Saddleridge Bottle Depot. https://goo.gl/RdWE2G

Once you arrive the feeling is not the best; I have to admit. Their "office" is a simple "container" and it is very clear that this is a temporary or a very new location.

2. Exactly at the time booked I got a phone call to confirm the reception and to check if I needed any help to find the location. At that moment I was actually just a couple of minutes away. I liked receiving that call.

3. At the arrival the driver took some photos of the car and asked if I wanted to drive myself until the airport or if I would like her to drive the car.

4. She dropped me at the airport and took the car.

5. At the arrival I used the app to notify the driver that the plane had landed and then called to say I was outside. It took the driver less than 10 to arrive with the car. I guess that they don't have many customers right now so the service is as best as it can be. If this becomes a popular service I guess waiting time will be more common.

The total price for 6 days was 37.74 CAD with as service as quick and good as it can be so, as I said at the beginning, I am 100% satisfied and can highly recommend it :-)

https://imgur.com/a/9n05K

Edited: 03 April 2018, 04:33
Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
448 posts
36 reviews
10. Re: Park For U at Calgary Airport

So to clarify. Is the car left in a secured lot that is manned (personed?) 24/7?

Thanks

Reply to: Park For U at Calgary Airport
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted