We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lake Louise

Leicester
Level Contributor
51 posts
115 reviews
Save Topic
Lake Louise

Wanted some opinions on the below plan

-Lake Louise Gondola

-Saddle back pass

-Fairmont chateax (just to look at or pop in for a drink)

Would it work?

Also what is lake louise like and is it easy to navigate when you get there?

19 replies to this topic
Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
59,095 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Lake Louise

Should be able to. Here is the current webcam of LL http://cams.skilouise.com/cam9.jpg

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,380 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Lake Louise

Thanks mate!

13. Re: Lake Louise

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 16 April 2017, 19:35

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary
Level Contributor
25,881 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Lake Louise

JM, you cannot cut and paste content from other websites onto TripAdvisor forums. Responses must not violate copyright. Post links instead.

St. Johns, Florida
Level Contributor
7 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Lake Louise

Thank you I see I must use links thanks for warning

Calgary. Alberta
Level Contributor
97 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Lake Louise

You can park at the Lake Louise Gondola and they have a shuttle that can take you to the Lake. They also have some walking trails at the top of the Gondola that might be some hiking options but they will be covered in snow at the beginning of the summer so it would depend when you're coming.

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Canadian Rockies
Level Contributor
6,153 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Lake Louise

The gondola also runs in the summer - not just the chairlift. But neither go to the top of the mountain - just to a midpoint, albeit with pretty views. There is some hiking from the gondola area - some areas are off limits in the summer because they are protected grizzly habitat. However, that hiking won't be doable in May - probably not until mid June.

The lake is definitely still frozen - you can keep an eye on the web cam to see conditions. They do stop grooming the skating area and ski track at some point, depending on when the ice is no longer considered safe and when the weather gets to iffy (too much freeze/thaw). Conditions can be unsafe long before the lake properly thaws, so it's a good idea to check with Parks and/or check for signs at the end of the lake (the Chateau LL often posts a sign when aren't maintaining the rink because of poor conditions).

Newmarket, Canada
Level Contributor
2,016 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Lake Louise

ksneds, do they really operate the gondola in the summer now? When I last went there in the summer, I thought they were only running the Glacier lift. They had moved some gondola cars over from the Grizzly Gondola lift to the Glacier lift, which was alternating between chairs and gondolas, so you had a choice on what vehicle to ride in. But I don't think they were operating both lifts.

Edited: 18 April 2017, 03:49
Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Canadian Rockies
Level Contributor
6,153 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Lake Louise

Maybe they are just moving gondola cars. Either way, it's only part way up the hill.

Reply to: Lake Louise
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted