We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fairmont Chateau - Which room to pick at Christmas??!!

11 posts
Save Topic
Fairmont Chateau - Which room to pick at Christmas??!!

Hi everyone!

I have posted a few questions on here re: my very first White Christmas and its led me to hopefully booking a room at The Chateau Fairmont over Christmas eve , Day and the 26th .

Question is -- which room to choose?!

Obviously Lakeview is a must, but should I do Gold Room? Junior Suite?

Thats about as far as I can extend budget wise cause its soooo expensive , but Im an Aussie travelling with her sister for her one and only White Christmas so I really want it to be amazing!!

Any specific reviews re; Junior suite lake view or Gold room lake view would be very much appreciated !

Also any thoughts on the Mountain View Package? Thank you so much everyone! :)

3 replies to this topic
Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
534 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fairmont Chateau - Which room to pick at Christmas??!!

don't forget to make your dinner reservations for the 25, asap

Newmarket, Canada
Level Contributor
2,017 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fairmont Chateau - Which room to pick at Christmas??!!

While the Gold rooms are finished a bit nicer, the main advantages of staying on the Gold floor comes down to additional services. You will have access to the Gold lounge, which will give you daily breakfast, evening appetizers (which you could turn into a meal), evening desserts, and drinks and snacks all day long. Depending on the price differential, and where you would have otherwise chosen to eat, it could be worth it for you. There are also dedicated concierges for guests on that floor.

I've stayed in suites both on and off the gold floor there, and you will still get good service either way. The lounge is a nice relaxing place, and it's a convenient place to grab a bite to eat, but you probably won't spend a lot of time there. But the food value is worth something, since eating in Lake Louise restaurants isn't cheap.

I've stayed in about a half-dozen different types of suites there, but I've never stayed in any of the room categories. My understanding is that the difference between a Jr. Suite and a Room, is a bump-out area by the windows, which has a sofa and table/desk with some chairs.

There are basically 3 categories of view... Lake view, Mountain View (which looks toward the ski area at Mt. Whitehorn) and not much view (which basically looks at the forested hill behind the hotel). If you're going to Lake Louise, you'll probably be spending a lot of time outdoors and not in your room, and also consider that around Christmas, there won't be a lot of daylight hours, so the view from your room might not matter that much. It depends on budget and priorities. Personally, I'm still happy to book the big lake view suites anyway for the small amount of time I'm in the room, others would not. It's a personal choice.

If you want more details or have specific questions, you can also send me a PM. I've spent over 100 nights here in the past few years, so know the place rather well.

Edited: 02 April 2017, 18:07
Lake Louise, Canada
Level Contributor
8 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fairmont Chateau - Which room to pick at Christmas??!!

Book now, with the Canada 150 celebration they are promoting the hell out of the National Parks right now. As mentioned it will be dark by 4 p.m so your nice view will be limited after that time. I prefer the rooms in the conference center wing, they are the newest and most renovated, more space for your buck. Book now and good luck, Christmas at Lake Louise is wonderful but your credit card is gonna take a beating. Your looking around $700 bucks a night minimum with full deposit paid on booking and non-refundable cancellation.

Reply to: Fairmont Chateau - Which room to pick at Christmas??!!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted