I have booked a trip (ages 68, 33, 31, 29 and 1.5) from Aug 7-12, 2017. We are from flying out of either Los Angeles (LAX) or Orange County (SNA) into Calgary (YYC). Probably LAX as they have non-stop flights. We are staying at the Fairmont Chateau the entire trip.
Some spots we were found that looked great, but obviously will need to cull down to fit a 5 night trip: Lake Louise, Banff Gondola/Sulfur Mountain/Sanson Peak,explore Banff (shopping or ???), Lake Agnes Trial (Mirror Lake and Lake Agnes Tea House) Johnston Canyon (for the waterfalls), Columbia Icefields/Jasper National Park, Icefields Parkway (to see wild life), Crowfoot Glacier, Lake Minnewacka, 2 Jack Lake, Morraine Lake, Radium or Banff Hot Springs, Bowfalls, Surprise Corner, Norquey Green Spot, Vermillion Lakes, Bow Lake, Num-Ti-Jah Lake, Peyto Lake
1) Suggestions on itinerary above or what you did for a 5 night trip, broken down per day?
2) Suggestions on restaurants or things to do on the Fairmont property itself?
3) Suggestions on booking really early flights or better pricing booking closer to travel, example of what you paid for the same airports? I'm finding roughly $500 coach/round trip/non stop LAX to YCC per person.
3) Since traveling with a child and 3 woman, I was thinking of renting an SUV or minivan because of a carseat and their luggage (I personally do not own either vehicle). Any recommendations for a rental company in Calgary airport for the best value?
4) Any advice or recommendations not listed that would be a top 5 of your own trip OR general advice I may not have thought about in regards to traveling with group/child/weather/parking/etc?
THANK YOU SO MUCH IN ADVANCE!!!