We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best place to camp with a R V in Golden

Cannington Ontario
Level Contributor
17 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Best place to camp with a R V in Golden

Hi out there...My wife and I (no kids) are going to Banff than off to Golden on route to Penticton this summer and were wondering were is the best place to camp with a rented R V late June..thanks in advance...... Al

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary
Level Contributor
25,702 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best place to camp with a R V in Golden

I think you probably want to also post this on the Golden forum, which is here:

tripadvisor.ca/ShowForum-g181785-i2770-Golde…

You might also check out RV Park Reviews:

rvparkreviews.com/regions/…Golden.html

And a little more info on the Good Sam Club's campground reviews:

http://goo.gl/5uAGr

http://goo.gl/sMlBd

Jasper, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jasper, Jasper National Park, Canadian Rockies
Level Contributor
18,815 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best place to camp with a R V in Golden

If you are camping in Banff National Park, do you need RV hook-ups? If so, that will limit your choices, as only the Tunnel Mtn Trailer CG has them: pc.gc.ca/pn-np/…Banff National Park Campgrounds

None of the Yoho NP campgrounds have hook-ups: pc.gc.ca/eng/…avantpays-frontcountry.aspx ... but I am sure there are also private campgrounds outside of the parks near Golden.

Banff, Canada
Destination Expert
for Banff, Lake Louise
Level Contributor
2,967 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Best place to camp with a R V in Golden

The campground in Golden is right beside the railroad tracks. It's a beautiful liitle location and campground, but WOW. The Earth Moves. About 7 times a night it sounds like the train is coming through your tent.

Edited: 13 April 2012, 02:30
Jasper, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jasper, Jasper National Park, Canadian Rockies
Level Contributor
18,815 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best place to camp with a R V in Golden

And those trains also go right by the Lake Louise campground ... it's the CP main line, and long, heavy freights run 24/7/365.

Blind Bay, BC
Level Contributor
1,002 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best place to camp with a R V in Golden

Haven't stayed here personally but looks like a nice place every time I've driven by.

passportamerica.com/campgrounds/bc/campersha…

Cannington Ontario
Level Contributor
17 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best place to camp with a R V in Golden

Thanks...not sure if we need hook-ups...(first time renters) just hoping to get a few spots we can highlite so we are not driving in circles looking for a place for the night..thought first Banff than Golden on route to Penticton..any other suggestions welcomed....Al

Calgary
Level Contributor
939 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best place to camp with a R V in Golden

There is a place a few kms south of town. Golden Eco Park or similar. Was pretty new and pretty good 2 years ago.

8. Re: Best place to camp with a R V in Golden

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 14:11