We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jasper Lodging

Overland Park...
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Topic
Jasper Lodging

Hi All,

After much reading, research and the advice of TA expert ksneds. I have finalized our itinerary. My final decision is lodging in Jasper. I’m trying to decide between 3 - They are all in close proximity to each other, in Jasper and are comparable in price. Do you have opinions or recommendations about the following lodging options?

Alpine Village Cabin Resort

Patricia Lake Bungalows

Pine Bungalows

Thank you, I look forward to your comments.

Mary

Mentioned in this post
Jasper
Jasper
Jasper National Park, Canada
3 replies to this topic
Oshawa, Canada
Level Contributor
5,190 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jasper Lodging

When?

If it's this year take what you can get.

Jasper, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jasper, Jasper National Park, Canadian Rockies
Level Contributor
20,862 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jasper Lodging

Similar in price - really? Alpine Village is a much more "upscale" property than Pine Bungalows, or the regular units at Pat Lake. (They also have their more deluxe "Grove" units.)

None of them have onsite dining. All of the are close to town. If price is indeed equal, I'd go with Alpine Village. The location is more convenient to sightseeing in JNP, adjacent to the Icefields Parkway. Either Pat Lake or Alpine Village would be quite quiet at night; Pine Bungalows is a bit off the highway, but you'd still hear trucks and traffic. I have never stayed at any of them, but my impression is that Pine Bungalows is more on the "rustic" end of the scale than the others.

Woodstock, Illinois
Level Contributor
468 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jasper Lodging

Difficult to rate as I don't know your budget, or likes/dislikes. We've stayed at Pine in the past. Yes, as KRP posted, they are more rustic than other places. Have not stayed in the others. Looked at Patricia Lake, which was very appealing but ended up reserving Becker's Chalets, not on your list.

Reply to: Jasper Lodging
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted