We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Presidente

USA
Level Contributor
22 posts
Presidente

Looking forward to an upcoming trip here, but have a few questions...

- is there a swim-up bar?

- are there king-size beds in the standard rooms?

- is there a nice/safe area to jog within or near the resort where I could get about 3 miles in?

- fitness center?

- are there theme restaurants? If so, reservations? dress code?

- hairdryers in bathrooms?

- are there ping pong tables? (yep, I want to know this!)

- how long of a ride from airport?

Thanks!

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
5,546 posts
56 reviews
1. Re: Presidente

Did you select garden, pool, ocean view or oceanfront room?

- is there a swim-up bar? Yes

- are there king-size beds in the standard rooms? Yes

- is there a nice/safe area to jog within or near the resort where I could get about 3 miles in?

- fitness center? The beach is my fitness center. I think they have a small one by the computers in the tower building

- are there theme restaurants? If so, reservations? dress code? Make reservations the day. They do have a pool and Mexican fiesta each week.

- hairdryers in bathrooms? Yes but very good

- are there ping pong tables? (yep, I want to know this!) Not sure.

- how long of a ride from airport? 25 minutes by taxi

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
846 posts
53 reviews
2. Re: Presidente

I'm going there today. I'll find out about the pool tables for you and let you know tomorrow.

green bay, wi.
Level Contributor
135 posts
11 reviews
3. Re: Presidente

Yes there is or at least was a ping pong table last year and years before. It moves once in and while but usually somewhere near the little store or towel area. You can usually get paddles and ball from activity counter in same area. Be there in a week, can't wait.

Beausejour
Level Contributor
162 posts
2 reviews
4. Re: Presidente

Anyone know what wine they serve at the Presidente and what time the bar closes (we won't arrive at the resort any earlier than midnight). Thanks in advance

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
846 posts
53 reviews
5. Re: Presidente

Yes there is a ping pong table.

Some rooms have King beds but the resort is busy so you may have to play the change room game.

beautiful beachfor morning runners.

nice fitness -a friend told me

A la carte changes theme every night nodress code or reservation required

yes to the hair dryers.

about a half hour from airport. Not long at all.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
846 posts
53 reviews
6. Re: Presidente

Don't know about the wine but the last full bar closes at midnight. There is a 24 hour snack bar that serves beer all night.

For thebeer drinkers, I have noticed that each bar has different ber on tap. The dark beer is Indigo. For the light beer, The 24 hr bar has Tecate. I think the sports bar/disco had Sol. Haven't beentothe 24 hr bar yet.

USA
Level Contributor
22 posts
7. Re: Presidente

Thanks, everyone! We are down for a "Deluxe Garden" room. A few more questions... are there pool towels provided? Do they use the pool card / exchange system, or are they just up for grabs anytime you want a new towel? Any recommended slushy drinks to try there? Is bottled water readily available at the bars, etc? What about "Coke Lite"?

Any other tips?!

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
49 posts
8. Re: Presidente

They do use the pool card system, but you can get a new towel by just returning your wet/dirty one anytime during the day. 30 more days and we will be there for 2 weeks, can hardly wait.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
846 posts
53 reviews
9. Re: Presidente

Yes to coke lite. Weird with the towels. You give your cards. Then they ask for your room number and before they give you the towel they write down the room number they have on them. This way you can only retuen your own, not someone else's. They do check the numbers when you retuen them. My guess is this stops towel theft.

10. Re: Presidente

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 January 2016, 11:36
Get answers to your questions about Ixtapa