We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Las Brisas Beach Elevator

Chicagoland
Level Contributor
3 posts
11 reviews
Las Brisas Beach Elevator

Has anybody been to the Las Brisas in the last year? Have they repaired the access to the beach elevator yet. It was out of service winter of 2013-14 (looked like the walkway from the hotel to the elevator had shifted). We normally don't have any issues doing the stairs and walkways but I had some heart surgery in the fall and I'm on a lot of medications that fatigue me now (can't wait to get that straightened out).

We'll be there next week for the 18th or 19th time. Looking forward to it.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
282 posts
11 reviews
1. Re: Las Brisas Beach Elevator

It was working in December 2014. I remember it being down for a few days in Dec. 2013 when we were there as well - I didn't hear it was down for the season or anything though...

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
604 posts
55 reviews
2. Re: Las Brisas Beach Elevator

We didn't use it but we saw other people doing so the last week of Dec 2014 - up to Dec 31

Minnesota
Level Contributor
6,342 posts
12 reviews
3. Re: Las Brisas Beach Elevator

Yes it is back in service.

We were there when it went out in October of 13.

They were awaiting a motor from Germany I believe it was, and while the elevator was down they took the opportunity to rework the walkway.

Weren't the truck rides to the beach a gas??

I thoroughly enjoyed them!!

Keith

Edited: 20 January 2015, 21:07
Chicagoland
Level Contributor
3 posts
11 reviews
4. Re: Las Brisas Beach Elevator

Thanks all for the reply's. Never did the truck ride...just hoofed it back up!

Minnesota
Level Contributor
6,342 posts
12 reviews
5. Re: Las Brisas Beach Elevator

I don't like UP the stairs

Girlfriend doesn't like DOWN the stairs.

After the first round trip she said "We're paying a lot of money to stay here. We're taking the damned truck" lol

Keith

6. Re: Las Brisas Beach Elevator

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 January 2016, 11:47
Get answers to your questions about Ixtapa