We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cosmos Tours x Trafalgar Tours

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
79 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Cosmos Tours x Trafalgar Tours

I have done Trafalgar in Europe & California in USA. I liked the tours & hotels. But now we want to do Canada's West & Alaska Cruise. The tours at Cosmos seem to show more sightseeings, but I have read horrible reviews on the hotels they have chosen such as bed bugs and even photos to show the damage, etc. I like the tour in Cosmos better than Trafalgar, but how are their hotels? We will only sleep there, so I don't mind the size, all I care is the cleanliness.

The tours I am looking into are:

Trafalgar: Best of Canada's West

Cosmos: Majestic Canadian Rockies & Alaska, tour # 8904.

Many thanks for your opinion!

Golden, Canada
Destination Expert
for Regina
Level Contributor
5,364 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cosmos Tours x Trafalgar Tours

Just look up the hotels listed for the tours to find out... most of the general tour hotels are nothing to write home about.

The reviews section will give a lot more opinions than a forum thread 99 times out of a 100.

If you like Cosmos for the routes perhaps Globus would be more to your liking... same company more upscale.

USA
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Cosmos Tours x Trafalgar Tours

Keep in mind that Cosmos is the budget brand for Globus, so the hotels are budget hotels. With Trafalgar, you have to look at the tour type. If it is a "Cost Saver" tour, this is a budget tour that is comparable to Cosmos. If it is not a cost saver, then it is a first class tour and will have nicer hotels.

Have you looked at Globus to see if you like any of there Canadian Rockies itineraries. They Globus is first class hotels similar to Trafaglar. Usually, there is a similar tour in the Globus catalog when comparing to Cosmos.

FYI - I am not a Cosmos fan or a budget tour fan in general.

3. Re: Cosmos Tours x Trafalgar Tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 August 2010, 12:47