We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

eta problem

3 posts
eta problem

hi I've recently applied for a eta, three days ago infact but I fly tomorrow morning, I had no idea that they would delay my application, I can't see any reason for it, I lost money when I was in Canada over a year ago and was banned for a year, Ive now rebooked thinking that because that period is over and I have plenty of money and a return ticket that there would be no problem, now I'm sitting here stressed because I don't know what will happen, I can't reschedule as any other date will interfere with my work and due to personal reasons I've missed Enough of that. any more I'm fired,no one will get back to me on the subject and it seems very important to ignore, any reason this might happen or any help out there? :(

7 replies to this topic
Penticton, Canada
Level Contributor
20,548 posts
28 reviews
1. Re: eta problem

No one on TA forums can help as we do not work for government. If you do a search you fill others that had the same problem and did not get to board a plane on their timelines.

SE Ontario
Level Contributor
26,018 posts
15 reviews
2. Re: eta problem

I would guess that being banned from Canada for a year (no matter if that period has expired) has something to do with the closer examination of your application.

Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
1,711 posts
113 reviews
3. Re: eta problem

No offence, but applying 4 days prior to travel when you have a history of being excluded from Canada is maybe not a wise move; as phpr says, this is quite likely the cause of the delay.

West Grey, Canada
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
84,442 posts
103 reviews
4. Re: eta problem

H Cal;

You only have two options available to you;

1) Cancel your travel plans and possibly obtain a refund / partial refund.

2) Take a chance and hope that the eTA arrives before you leave.

The choice is yours to make. There is nothing that any of us can do to assist you.

Best Regards

3 posts
5. Re: eta problem

think I will need to take the gamble

West Grey, Canada
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
84,442 posts
103 reviews
6. Re: eta problem

OK...but just remember, you will NOT be allowed to board the plane without a valid eTA.

Best Regards

3 posts
7. Re: eta problem

ye I know thanks, got no choice really tho,

Reply to: eta problem
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted