We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

help in planing my trip

Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
help in planing my trip

Hi.We are planning a trip from new jersey to toronto & from there to Calagary & from there to little rock .can you help me plan my trip.

2 replies to this topic
Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
68,612 posts
66 reviews
1. Re: help in planing my trip

Hi Sanjay ~

That's a big trip and you will have a lot of work to do to plan a rewarding trip.

Some questions you want to ask yourself. When do you want to travel? Will you rent a car or use your own car? How many hours do you want to spend behind the wheel each day? What is the purpose of your trip - just a road trip, driving every day? or spending a few nights in interesting places to see the sights?

The trip that you mention takes about 69 hours to drive, wheels rolling, no stops. If you drive about 5 hours a day, it would take 14 nights. If you wanted to spend 2 nights at the end of 5 hours driving, it would take 28 nights, or 4 weeks. If you wanted to spend 3 nights at the end of 5 hours driving, it would take you 42 nights, or 6 weeks. There will be plenty of places you will want to stay 3 nights in to explore that place. Who is travelling? Will you have to allow extra time for the kids, naps, play, fun? You need a budget. You need a car in good condition.

Here is an article about planning a road trip: https://www.wikihow.com/Plan-a-Road-Trip

and this one: http://www.planning-fun-road-trips.com/

I'm not sure you are serious, but just in case you are, that's my 2 cents.

Paradise, Canada
Level Contributor
1,836 posts
23 reviews
2. Re: help in planing my trip

People on Trip Advisor are volunteers that are knowledgeable about the area/cities you want to visit. But we are NOT travel agents. We can't plan your trip for you.

Do some of your own research first. Plan out a rough itinerary, then come back to the specific city forums, i.e. Toronto, Calgary with your questions.

Add your information as to number of adults, ages of children, month/date of trip, how many days, activities you enjoy, and price in either CAD$ or USD for accommodations.

I am assuming Little Rock is in Arkansas?

Edited: 04 August 2018, 13:34
Reply to: help in planing my trip
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted