We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Canadian ETA query

Dartford, United...
Level Contributor
53 posts
26 reviews
Canadian ETA query

My wife and I have just applied for an ETA as we are going to Canada in September - oiur passports are both dated on the same day - my wife has been approved and mine 'to be reviewed' - now iworried - why would this be? I hab eno criminal records or problems. anyone help?

2 replies to this topic
West Grey, Canada
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
84,097 posts
103 reviews
1. Re: Canadian ETA query

Hi PUKKANIGHT;

There are as many reasons as "Carter" has little liver pills. You'll need to remain patient until you hear from the IRCC.

You did use the official site, I hope ?

www.Canada.ca/eta

Best Regards

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
68,124 posts
66 reviews
2. Re: Canadian ETA query

If you included your travel date in your application, that’s good. If not you could go back in to add it. Tip, I learned once, when applying for a passport, to give a date that was a week or two before I was actually travelling. It was too much nuisance to pick up my passport and pack at the same time. I would want to not be packing and waiting for my eTA to come through at the same time, either. I never had to show any travel tickets at any time. It’s just a date.

Here is the official list of reasons from the Canadian gov’t: https:/…reasons.html

Reply to: Canadian ETA query
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted