We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Concord Tours

Toronto, Canada
1 post
Concord Tours

I just booked a tour for 5 people for the 6-day Maritime Canada from Concord Tours (bus company) which i found online. Paid almost $1700 last night. But i am getting alarmed as nobody has called nor responded to me, other than an auto reply receipt/email with no definite instructions for Aug 4 trip. I kept on calling them all day but no one was answering.

This is their website:

https://www.concordtours.ca/index.php…

Does anyone have an experience with them? Can you help me please? I am getting really agitated, the trip is 2 days away and we need to travel 6 hours to Montreal as we are from Toronto... My family doesn't even know if it was a bogus website. Please share with us any information about them. Thanks so much!

2 replies to this topic
West Grey, Canada
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
84,442 posts
103 reviews
1. Re: Concord Tours

Welcome to TA, MarlonViv;

The TripAdvisor website is primarily for do-it-yourself users, not many tour types on these forums.

With that said, I would suggest posting additionally on the Bargain Forum & the Holiday Travel forum. Those forums are here on TA;

https://www.tripadvisor.ca/ShowForum-g1-i122…

https://www.tripadvisor.ca/ShowForum-g1-i123…

Best Regards

Toronto, Ontario
1 post
1 review
2. Re: Concord Tours

I urge all of you to stay far, far away from this tour company. My parents just returned from the 5 day Maritimes tour and when they told me about their experience I was left shaking and in absolute disbelief.

Both of my parents are in their 70's and retired and from the first day on the bus, they were bullied, disrespected, ridiculed and constantly belittled by the tour guide "Jake". All of this because my parents (who are both vegetarian) would not pay $45 each for a Seafood dinner, $18 each for a Chinese buffet (where Jake told them to just eat Salad) or $80(ish) each for Whale Watching (which they have already done).

Jake demanded that everyone on the bus pay up front for ALL OPTIONAL excursions and meals - my parents explained it to me as though they were being held hostage. Jake was un-relentless in his "demands" that every single person has to pay for everything (including $7/day/person which is supposed to be for the driver and Jake). When my parents and the other Senior couple that they were travelling with refused to pay for food they do not eat and excursions they do not want to do, Jake layed into them and did not stop for the duration of the trip - every opportunity he got, he insulted them and mocked them. He began to yell at them and called them Cheap in front of everyone and told them that they should have driven themselves or get one of their kids to drive them around.

Everything came to a head when they checked into a hotel towards the end of the trip. The room my parents got had a small double bed and an old pull out couch. Now remember - my parents and the other couple they were with are all in their 70s - so my parents asked Jake if they could possibly get a room with 2 queen beds. He began yelling at them in the lobby of the hotel and once again began throwing every possible insult at them and swearing at them. By this point, my mother was in tears. This was all witnessed by the lady at the front desk and all of the other people in the lobby. The front desk lady had to ask him to leave and walk away, and then made a special arrangement to put my parents and their friends in a different room. As they were walking to their room, Jake followed them and would not let them enter the room. He just stood at the doorway and continued to insult them and swear at them. Finally, my dad tried the door key but it didnt work, so he went back to the front desk and told the lady and also told her that Jake wouldnt leave them alone to rest. She walked back with them and told him to let them in the room. He stepped aside but once the door was open, he walked right in and sat down and did not leave. I am guessing the lady saw everything on the camera because she called the room and asked if he had left. My parents said no and that he came into the room and was just sitting there continuing to insult them for being cheap and vegetarian. She came to the room and demanded that he leave - he finally did.

She explained to the hotel manager what happened and the hotel manager made arrangements for my parents and their friends to eat a proper meal at the hotel restaurant that night and even gave them dessert on the house.

Before leaving the next day, the lady at the front desk gave my parents her personal cell number in case anyone needed to speak to her to explain what she witnessed.

This tour company baits everyone in with very low prices for their packages but once you board the bus - they harass you and almost force you to pay upfront for everything else. They are a pure scam.

It was hard for me to believe that there were people like Jake in this world who found pleasure in tormenting senior citizens who were travelling on a budget and paid for only the things they wanted to do.

I will be posting this everywhere that I can so that the word gets out about Jake and this farce of a tour company. If you are still brave enough to take a tour with them, and if Jake is your tour guide - get off of the Bus ASAP and get your money back.

Reply to: Concord Tours
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted