We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buses from Mexico City to Puebla

Miami, Florida
1 post
Save Topic
Buses from Mexico City to Puebla

What is the cost to travel from Mexico City to Puebla on the bus? Does one pay in dollars or pesos?

Mentioned in this post
Mexico City
Mexico City
Central Mexico and Gulf Coast, Mexico
Puebla
Puebla
Puebla, Mexico
4 replies to this topic
Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
459 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Buses from Mexico City to Puebla

Always in pesos, cash or Visa or Mastercard. Current price as of August 6 is 196 pesos. TAPO to CAPU terminals.

London
Level Contributor
928 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Buses from Mexico City to Puebla

Is that the "walk-up" price on the day, cheaper than I was expecting! :-) I did wonder if there was a fixed maximum price for tickets purchased for immediate travel or if it goes up in price in accordance to demand.

San Miguel de...
Destination Expert
for San Miguel de Allende, Central Mexico and Gulf Coast
Level Contributor
7,692 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Buses from Mexico City to Puebla

The Estrella Roja bus from TAPO to CAPU costs from $176MXN and runs every ten minutes. No need to prebook. ADO buses are more expensive depending on level of service and run approx every 20 minutes. Prices do not fluctuate. On longer routes there are sometimes online discounts but the ADO website does not accept foreign cards.

There is also a bus from MEX to Puebla: this drops off at 4 Poniente, which is much more central than CAPU.

Mentioned in this post
Puebla
Puebla
Puebla, Mexico
Brisbane, Australia
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Buses from Mexico City to Puebla

I paid MXP198 (you have to pay in Pesos) on Estrella Roja from the TAPO to CAPU for Primera Clase. Normal class is MXP178. You need a taxi from CAPU to downtown which is about MXP78and be aware the taxi queue is a long wait!

Reply to: Buses from Mexico City to Puebla
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted