We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buses from Mexico City to Puebla

Miami, Florida
1 post
Buses from Mexico City to Puebla

What is the cost to travel from Mexico City to Puebla on the bus? Does one pay in dollars or pesos?

15 replies to this topic
Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
932 posts
68 reviews
26 helpful votes
1. Re: Buses from Mexico City to Puebla

Always in pesos, cash or Visa or Mastercard. Current price as of August 6 is 196 pesos. TAPO to CAPU terminals.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,061 posts
40 reviews
36 helpful votes
2. Re: Buses from Mexico City to Puebla

Is that the "walk-up" price on the day, cheaper than I was expecting! :-) I did wonder if there was a fixed maximum price for tickets purchased for immediate travel or if it goes up in price in accordance to demand.

San Miguel de...
Destination Expert
for San Miguel de Allende, Central Mexico and Gulf Coast
Level Contributor
9,159 posts
129 reviews
163 helpful votes
3. Re: Buses from Mexico City to Puebla

The Estrella Roja bus from TAPO to CAPU costs from $176MXN and runs every ten minutes. No need to prebook. ADO buses are more expensive depending on level of service and run approx every 20 minutes. Prices do not fluctuate. On longer routes there are sometimes online discounts but the ADO website does not accept foreign cards.

There is also a bus from MEX to Puebla: this drops off at 4 Poniente, which is much more central than CAPU.

Brisbane, Australia
8 posts
4. Re: Buses from Mexico City to Puebla

I paid MXP198 (you have to pay in Pesos) on Estrella Roja from the TAPO to CAPU for Primera Clase. Normal class is MXP178. You need a taxi from CAPU to downtown which is about MXP78and be aware the taxi queue is a long wait!

Oregon
Level Contributor
11 posts
79 reviews
48 helpful votes
5. Re: Buses from Mexico City to Puebla

I am looking to go from MEX to Lomas de Angelopolis - apparently an ex-pat community outside of Puebla. Anyone know if there are busses to Lomas? Or will I have to go to Puebla then taxi?

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
2,843 posts
18 reviews
6 helpful votes
6. Re: Buses from Mexico City to Puebla

taxi, Lomas are in the hills overlooking the city

San Marcos, Texas
Level Contributor
674 posts
30 reviews
13 helpful votes
7. Re: Buses from Mexico City to Puebla

DYNAMISTO, I appreciate your accurate and informative posts.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
932 posts
68 reviews
26 helpful votes
8. Re: Buses from Mexico City to Puebla

If you are planning to go by bus to Puebla directly from the Mexico City airport, take the bus that goes to 4 Poniente instead of to CAPU. (One bus goes to CAPU on the hour and the 4 Poniente bus goes on the half hour). And then, get an Uber for the rest of the distance to your Angelopolis destination. That might save you a couple of dollars, plus, the 4 Poniente is a smaller "terminal" so more manageable for you.

Maldon, Australia
Level Contributor
106 posts
12 reviews
6 helpful votes
9. Re: Buses from Mexico City to Puebla

Is it possible to take a bus from Mexico City city, say from TAPO, to 4 Poniente? Looking at google maps 4 Poniente seems a much better destination.

Thank you

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
27 posts
1 review
1 helpful vote
10. Re: Buses from Mexico City to Puebla

Can you order a Uber from here?

Reply to: Buses from Mexico City to Puebla
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted