We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Puebla

Whalley, United...
Level Contributor
34 posts
65 reviews
Puebla

Putting together a 2 wk trip to Mexico. Plan is 4/5 nts Mexico City, bus to Puebla (1 Nt) bus to Oaxaca (3 nts), is it better to stay in Puebla or do as day trip from M City & then move on to Oaxaca from Mex City? We are then moving on to Guadalajara/Guanajuato/San Migel and on. Help please

5 replies to this topic
San Miguel de...
Destination Expert
for San Miguel de Allende, Central Mexico and Gulf Coast
Level Contributor
8,494 posts
130 reviews
1. Re: Puebla

Puebla merits at the very least two full days. Including towns north of Mexico City as well as those south looks to be a bit too hectic for a two week visit. Stick to one or the other.

Whalley, United...
Level Contributor
34 posts
65 reviews
2. Re: Puebla

Tks. It’s actually going to be 18 days so hpfully it will all be okay. I will carry on planning and will ask more questions as I go on

Mexico City, Mexico
Level Contributor
568 posts
71 reviews
3. Re: Puebla

It is very easy to take the bus on to Oaxaca from Puebla. No need to backtrack to Mexico City.

Whalley, United...
Level Contributor
34 posts
65 reviews
4. Re: Puebla

Yes am going to book us both on the bus Tks and will book the bus from Mex City to Puebla - I know they are regular but always feel safer with a ticket

San Miguel de...
Destination Expert
for San Miguel de Allende, Central Mexico and Gulf Coast
Level Contributor
8,494 posts
130 reviews
5. Re: Puebla

The buses from TAPO to Puebla run every few minutes, so there is no need to book. You can't do it online anyway, since the website does not accept foreign cards! In Puebla, you can always purchase onward tickets at the bus station on arrival.

There are direct buses from Puebla to Querétaro that take about five hours. No need to backtrack to Mexico City.

Reply to: Puebla
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted