Save Topic
Morelia Monarch Butterlies Tour

We booked through AGTM at the tourist information booth a trip to El Rosario to see the Monarch Butterflies on March 1st. 2018. First the driver was 35 minutes late picking us up. 13 of us then when cramped in a minibus and the driver turned off the road to another location called E Chincua and stopped. I and another passenger asked why were here and not at El Roasario. We were told it was the thing. I told the driver it is not the same thing and that we had paid to go to El Roasario. where there is a lot more butterflies He would not take us to El Roasario. We found out later that two men (out of 13 people on the bus} did not want to walk to the butterfies at El Resorio so were all taken the different location without being asked or advised. This the most disappointing tourist trip we have ever been on as there were only some butterfies flying in the trees bur nothing worth photographing. On complaining at the Morelia Tourist Information after the trip no compensation was offered only apologies. My comments to friends and to TripAdvisor will reflect this unacceptable service.

After spending thousands of dollars to go to Ell Rosario and not being taken there my Advise is that you find an other tour company that will take were you have paid to go.

Michael Walker