We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Spring Honeymoon in SJdel Cabo --- special places?

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for Sacramento, Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
18,075 posts
209 reviews
Spring Honeymoon in SJdel Cabo --- special places?

HI everyone. Appreciate your suggestions, in advance.

I've been to Cabo 3 times over the years (as early as 1994) but not for awhile. Own a vacation club unit in San Jose del Cabo. We're planning to visit the end of April for 10 days. Prior to Easter busy-times.

For various reasons, we put off our honeymoon from marriage in Spring 2017. Too busy. Then we cancelled in May this year (Big Island, Hawaii) due to volcano activity. Our "next attempt" on a special honeymoon experience is coming up in a few months.

Any "special couple experiences" --- restaurants, beautiful places, etc. --- for two lovebirds, within about 15 miles from our lodging in SJdelCabo? Private walking areas. Sweet little bistro-type restaurants. Tiny mom-and-pop places, where we could get to know the owners. Anything quiet, intriguing and special?

We're regulars in Puerto Vallarta, but not going back there as it's too much like a second-home to us -- what we do every year. We want to do something different, to us. Memorable.

We know the beaches in the area are not the best.

All suggestions are welcomed, designed for an older couple who want to relax and make some "romantic memories" in an area where we haven't been for awhile. Favorite places for scenery at dinner (where we can get good couple photos --- selfies are fine) are welcomed also.

Thx.

8 replies to this topic
St James, New York
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
18,220 posts
176 reviews
1. Re: Spring Honeymoon in SJdel Cabo --- special places?

The new Acre restaurant is in a romantic setting. Nearby flora Farms is a nice experience to with its cottage walk surrounded by its farm complex

The town of San Jose has a fun Art Walk on Thursday evenings from 5 pm to 9 pm.

www.artcabo.com

Many restaurant open courtyards in town that are very romantic.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
18,075 posts
209 reviews
2. Re: Spring Honeymoon in SJdel Cabo --- special places?

Great Rocky. Thanks. My vacation club is Coral Baja. Owned it for many years but never been there. We're looking forward to something new. No real interest in spending any time on the Corridor or in CSL itself.

Will be in collection mode, here, for awhile. As mentioned, we'd planned our "honeymoon" (so to speak ---- special post-wedding trip) for 2 weeks in Hawaii, Big Island and Kauai, but we're flexible and as long as we find special-couple-places, we're happy to spend 10 days celebrating in the San Jose del Cabo area, and probably up to East Cape.

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for San Jose del Cabo
Level Contributor
4,589 posts
71 reviews
3. Re: Spring Honeymoon in SJdel Cabo --- special places?

I would add the following to a list of smaller, romantic kind of places:

Drinks at One & Only Palmilla -call in advance to get your name on the security list

Lunch at 7 Seas Restaurant at Cabo Surf hotel - to watch the surfers below

Lugarino courtyard dining - just behind Hyatt Place - easy walking distance

Mi Cocina at Casa Natalia on Town Square

La Panga Antigua for seafood

Casa Don Rodrigo

Another farm to table restaurant that is smaller and more rustic (and less expensive) than Floras or Acre would be Los Tamarindos. Either of these would provide for a very memorable dinner.

As for other places - not necessarily “romantic”:

Zippers on the beach - a 15 minute walk to the west along the beach from Coral Baja

Lateral - behind La Comer for Tacos

La Lupita- in the art district for Tacos

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
18,075 posts
209 reviews
4. Re: Spring Honeymoon in SJdel Cabo --- special places?

Thx pantix. How did you two DE's know I search out Farm to Table? Living forever near the huge Central Valley in Northern Cal, that's "our thing" here.

I met someone at a doc office last week --- got to talking and she's going to Puerto Vallarta for the first time so was asking for advice. She then told me they always went to the Cabo area. When I told her our plans, she got very excited about a couple of Farm to Table places in San Jose del Cabo. She couldn't remember their names.

I'm excited about the places you've mentioned. Makes me hungry already. Many thanks.

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for San Jose del Cabo
Level Contributor
4,589 posts
71 reviews
5. Re: Spring Honeymoon in SJdel Cabo --- special places?

The most popular would be Flora Farms. Please ensure you make reservations at least a month in advance. And if you don't have a car, the taxi will be $25USD one way.

https://www.flora-farms.com/

St James, New York
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
18,220 posts
176 reviews
6. Re: Spring Honeymoon in SJdel Cabo --- special places?

You could also rent a car for the day and take a day trip to the Sol de Mayo waterfalls.

There is also a hot spring in that area.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
18,075 posts
209 reviews
7. Re: Spring Honeymoon in SJdel Cabo --- special places?

Thx. No cars for us. Are we too used to Vallarta where you can get everywhere on a bus? I knew the Cabo area was different, but ---- not renting a car in a place we don't know.

Do they have Uber in the area? We don't even use that in PV as the buses and cabs are so cheap.

It might be a special honeymoon-type trip, but we live on small pensions and SS, if you get my drift.

Glad to know this in advance. The bus system doesn't run everywhere? How do the locals get to work?

St James, New York
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
18,220 posts
176 reviews
8. Re: Spring Honeymoon in SJdel Cabo --- special places?

You can bus to many places.

There is just now Uber in this area.

Reply to: Spring Honeymoon in SJdel Cabo --- special places?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about San Jose del Cabo