We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best all inclusive

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
64 posts
Save Topic
Best all inclusive

So which all inclusive should it be?? Riu Palace, Pueblo Bonito Rose or is there a better one?? Mid 50's, staying 3 nights for a quick getaway. San Jose Cabo better than Cabo San Lucas? Looking for as luxurious as an all inclusive can get.

Even trying to decide if only staying 3 nights if all inclusive is worth it. Never been to Cabo before so need some advice please?? Thank you!

Lincoln, California
Level Contributor
4,234 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best all inclusive

If ALL you want to do is lay by the pool and not get out to see and eat/drink in Cabo then an AI might be good for you but none of these AI's would be close to being called luxurious but if I had to pick it would be Rose as its AI optional so the food should be much better...i would just stay at Rose and skip the AI though if you drink a lot around the pool during the day it might be worth it, if not then it wont be.

PB Pacifica is much closer to what I would call luxurious though, a true AI and adults only spa type resort

Cabo is not a huge AI area like Cancun so your options are limited

Edited: 16 April 2012, 02:02
Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
62,415 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best all inclusive

More of the resorts in San Jose del Cabo are All Inclusive, and this town is closer to the airport. If you're just going to stay on-site, won't be swimming in the ocean, and insist on AI, try one of the places on Hotel Beach.

All of the AI resorts in Los Cabos (Cabo, Tourist Corridor, & San Jose) are described in the Top Questions in the upper right. The other resorts in Cabo are described in other articles linked to the Top Q.

Olympia, WA
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
10,064 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best all inclusive

I just want to be clear Mrs8, the the PB Rose is not an AI resort, but a resort that has and "all-inclusive" option. It will not be set up like a complete AI resort with a bunch of different theme ala carte restaurants, bottles of booze in the rooms, and big buffets, etc. You might even have to sign all your checks (I only mention that because I've heard people using the AI option at one of these resorts complain about it).

This and other resorts simply offer this option for those more interested in paying up front rather than worrying about costs on vacation.

B.C.
Level Contributor
1,006 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Best all inclusive

My vote is for Pueblo Bonito Pacifica! Check out the reviews and traveller's photos. We spent 2 days there while we stayed at PBSB and loved the peacefulness, beautiful beach (to look at - no swimming!), great food and drinks poolside, etc.

southern California
Level Contributor
2,496 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best all inclusive

By no means is the Rose ' luxurious'.

Bellingham...
Level Contributor
24 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best all inclusive

We did the AI option at Playa Grande for a few days on our last trip there and found the food to be exceptional. The AI option includes dinner at their restaurant on the beach and the lobster was fabulous and did not cost extra. The wines were good too

Ridgefield...
Level Contributor
59 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best all inclusive

The Pacifica is FAR better than the Riu. I've been to 3 Riu's. They are all the same. Average food. HUGE resorts. Lots of kids.

Middle of the...
10 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Best all inclusive

Mrs8 - I'd suggest Dreams Los Cabos for you. You can buy the A/I and the resort is very nice. Food was average at times but good-great the rest. Small portions though. Just spent a week there.

louisiana
Level Contributor
190 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best all inclusive

i have stayed at dreams, riu santa fe, and pb rose. Dreams is by far the nicest with very good food. riu santa fe was worth it for the drinks and breakfast, but lunch and dinner werent that great. pb rose.....never tried the ai there.

Saint James, New...
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
15,559 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best all inclusive

One of the Top All Inclusive Luxury resorts that deserves consideration is "Zoetry" at the Casa Del mar. If you want to be pampered and feel special, this is the place. Its located on the corridor between the towns of Cabo and San Jose. This is certainly a step above the Dreams resort.

Edited: 01 June 2012, 19:23