We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good Hospital

Buffalo, new york
Level Contributor
116 posts
1 review
Good Hospital

I'm sure this sounds weird but could someone tell me the name of the best hospital in Cabo? We are going to Cabo on the 18th of this month for the first time and i recently had surgery for kidney stones. I still have many stones and would like to know where to go just in case i have another attack. Thanks in advance.

69 replies to this topic
Rocklin, California
Level Contributor
653 posts
38 reviews
1. Re: Good Hospital

I'm not sure there's more than one, but from bits and pieces I've picked up, it has a good reputation (and looks nice from the front, not that that means anything)

Buffalo, new york
Level Contributor
116 posts
1 review
2. Re: Good Hospital

Do you know the name of the hospital and is it located near the airport or by cabo san lucas? thanks for the reply

Puyallup, Washington
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,519 posts
10 reviews
3. Re: Good Hospital

The hospital is the Ameri-Med and is located right in Cabo.

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
70,748 posts
123 reviews
4. Re: Good Hospital

Here is the wikimap, sorted for hospitals and showing Ameri-Med: wikimapia.org/…287

Los Cabos
Level Contributor
2,405 posts
5. Re: Good Hospital

I like to use Blue Medical Net between San Jose and San Lucas across from Home Depot. I also recommend Amerimed with locations in both San Jose and San Lucas. Either choice will get you fixed up mui pronto with excellent facilities, English speaking staff, and reasonable prices compared to the US. Just walk in, I've never had to wait.

Detroit, Michigan
1 post
6. Re: Good Hospital

does anyone know if there is a big, well equipped hospital in the area of Cabo in case of heart attacks or other serious conditions.

Cabo San Lucas...
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
2,858 posts
15 reviews
7. Re: Good Hospital

I too 2nd Blue Medical Net and then Amerimed ... I drove myself to Blue Medical Net the last time it felt like I was really having a heart attack (nope - just fine ... physically ;-)

As far as a BIG hospital? No. Cabo is a small town so there is no need for one as large as in square footage as the DMC.

Tacoma, Wash
Level Contributor
12,765 posts
11 reviews
8. Re: Good Hospital

The hospitals already mentioned are the only ones in the area..

Pittsburgh...
1 post
9. Re: Good Hospital

Blue Net Medical is the place to go. One day into our vacation at a luxury resort in Cabo (unnamed), my wife could not move in bed without huge pain. 12 hours later the resort's doctor diagnosed as colitis (gastric irritation) and prescribed maalox equivalent. Long story short, 36 hours later, based on tripadvisor comments, we went to Blue Net Hospital in Cabo, my wife was immediately diagnosed with life-threatening issue, and heavy IV antibiotics were started. After much due diligence via skype to the US for 2nd and 3rd opinion from surgeons, Dr Chavez performed an appendectomy on what was a 4-day-old ruptured appendix.

The entire staff of surgeons and nurses is outstanding. Having used top-rated medical facilities here in Pittsburgh, we we amazed at the expertise, level of attention and respect of the entire staff throughout the ordeal: round-the-clock personal care from a 5 bed hospital. We departed 6 days later with hugs and kisses from the doctors and nurses. If our health care plan allows for non-emergency out-of-network surgery in the future, we would opt to go back to Blue Net for the care, and, in the process, save our health provider 60% to 80% of what it would cost for the same procedure here.

St James, New York
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
17,853 posts
176 reviews
10. Re: Good Hospital

Mark.......Thats quite and endorsement. Thanks for the taking the time to share your ordeal. Stay well !!!!!

Reply to: Good Hospital
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted