We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to wear in Cabo (especially at night)

Canada
3 posts
Save Topic
What to wear in Cabo (especially at night)

We are heading to Cabo this Saturday Jan 6th. We were reading the weather forecast and were alittle surprised at the cool evening temps (52F to 66F). It doesn't get that cold at night in the summertime in Ontario so I am stumped as to what to pack. Summer stuff for the day and winter stuff for night? Please help. My suitcase is only so big.

P.S. Thanks to everyone who posts info on this forum. It has otherwise been quite helpful.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
128 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What to wear in Cabo (especially at night)

It would be a good idea to pack a sweater or a light jacket for evenings, and my husband wore pants (docker-type). The wind can be cool off the water. A lady can take a warm wrap or shawl. But, we would normally pack something like this anyways, "just in case"! We have been caught in Mexico in a steady rain (4 days) with cooler than normal weather.

Virginia
Level Contributor
7,267 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: What to wear in Cabo (especially at night)

S&T,

remember the humidity is an issue in comfort. As of this writing the air temp. in Cabo is 82 and the low for last night was 68. i would wear a t-shirt and shorts during the day. at night i would be wearing a dirty t-shirt and shorts. seriously, a pair of jeans and a Polo would be fine. if you are cold natured take a light wrap like a fleece jac. If you drink a lot of Tequila it wont matter. Buena Suerte.... jim

California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,482 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What to wear in Cabo (especially at night)

YM,

NO one can say it quite like you. You make this lady smile!

Virginia
Level Contributor
7,267 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: What to wear in Cabo (especially at night)

Tooley,

As per usual you are far too kind! Buena Suerte Amiga.... jim

Canada
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: What to wear in Cabo (especially at night)

Thanks for the advice on the dirty T and the Tequila!

As well as the sweater advice. I will throw in a sweater and a pair of jeans in with all my bikinis and shorts. haha.

mexico
Level Contributor
109 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What to wear in Cabo (especially at night)

Hi: We just got back 2 days ago...the weather was wonderful...during the day it went up to 85...not a single cloud in the sky...everyone is at the beach and at the pool, getting a suntan. During the evenings the temperature didn't get lower than 65...the nights were also beautiful...I had not seen so many stars since I was a child..do you know that there's a star gazing tour? well there is...We didn't go since I am the only romantic in my family...and I didn't want to go alone...maybe next time! Take a light jacket and blue jeans to wear at night and shorts and t-shirts for the day. bye...ana maria trevino

Colorado
Level Contributor
1,768 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What to wear in Cabo (especially at night)

Yachtdude...I agree with you. If you drink enough Tequila, I guarantee you'll be taking off that sweater or jacket especially if you are walking back to the hotel. We stay at Solmar and by the time you FINALLY make it back up the hill, being chilly is NOT what you are feeling. (Isn't that right Tooley)??!! I had many nights I laughed all the way back up the hill! ;)

California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,482 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What to wear in Cabo (especially at night)

Tigger,

I think I am missing out on these late night walks from town. I didn't know they could be so much fun!:-) You'll have to knock on my door and get me out of my PJs to come join in the fun! We are not drinkers but I have been accused of putting back a few myself. I tend to have those Shirley Temples made pretty strong--if you know what I mean. I can swig a Roy Rogers too with the best of them! :-) My lingos pretty good, ehhh.

California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,482 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What to wear in Cabo (especially at night)

No wonder I am so cold at night!! Those Shirleys and Roys are not quite taking the edge off!

Colorado
Level Contributor
1,768 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: What to wear in Cabo (especially at night)

Tooley...I'll have you drinking Tuaca in your Shirley Temples - hahahha Then all you will have to do is make it down the beach from our place and not back up the hill - hahaha