We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is Cabo Like on Cinco de Mayo?

NC
Level Contributor
5 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
What is Cabo Like on Cinco de Mayo?

I just realized that me and my husbands trip to the Riu Palace in Cabo falls the week of Cinco de Mayo :).... Is this a GOOD thing or a BAD thing?? We love to party but are curious about how 'crazy' it may get. Anyone have any ideas? Anyone else going to be in Cabo the week of May 2-8?

Thanks in Advance for any advice!!!

Molly

California
Level Contributor
2,858 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: What is Cabo Like on Cinco de Mayo?

We were there on Cinco de Mayo a few years back.....it wasn't that crazy at all....first of all this is the low season before summer hits and second of all I think us Gringos celebrate Cinco de Mayo more than the Mexican people.

Cabo Nut

Queretaro City...
Level Contributor
14,503 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What is Cabo Like on Cinco de Mayo?

It's not celebrated in Mexico at all (apart from locally in Puebla). Some hotels may put on something special for the American tourists but that's about it.

Cabo San Lucas...
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
2,814 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What is Cabo Like on Cinco de Mayo?

What Steve said.

However, I think Matapule might know of a local town that does something... maybe La Paz?

Alpena, Michigan
Level Contributor
332 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What is Cabo Like on Cinco de Mayo?

I've been in Cabo a couple of times and Cinco De Mayo is not even brought up unless your an American looking for another excuse to party. Let me warn you, you don't need another excuse to party in Cabo. Its Cabo, thats all you need. So if your worried about a huge party, don't be, there are plenty of places to go for all types, low key to hard core partying, i'm sure you will find the right place for your tast. enjoy cabo.

West Deptford, NJ
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: What is Cabo Like on Cinco de Mayo?

My husband and I will be at the Riu Palace at the same time too. We're looking forward to a great trip.

6. Re: What is Cabo Like on Cinco de Mayo?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 October 2010, 10:48