We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport to hotel transportation

Solon, Ohio
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Airport to hotel transportation

What are the options for round trip transportation from airport to Pueblo Bonito Blanco Los Cabos? The hotel offers a service but it's $19 per person eanch way. With a family of four that's $152 plus tips. Any thoughts?

Puyallup, Washington
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,510 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport to hotel transportation

The only thing cheaper ($150 round trip) is a private shuttle service with Arturo of TransLobo. www.translobo@blogspot.com. The airport is about 45 minutes from Cabo which is why transportation is so ecpensive. Going with TransCabo might save you a few dollars if they can do round trip to the Blanco- it is usually $15.50/pp. You can check at www.cabosanlucastours.com

With a family of 4, I would go with Arturo. Private van, working ac and seatbelts plus beer and pop and a video tour of the area. Can't beat that!

Solon, Ohio
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport to hotel transportation

Thanks for the transportation info. What are your thoughts about a taxi from the airport?

Puyallup, Washington
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,510 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport to hotel transportation

About $80, maybe working ac, maybe working seat belts, no beer- I'd say no!

Little Rock...
Level Contributor
28 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport to hotel transportation

We were in Pueblo Bonito Rose. We use TransCabo to go to resort: 15.ea but we did stop at 3 other resorts on the way, took longer but enjoyed gettin to see the other properties.

Return trip booked at Concierge desk. $16/person, they load you into a taxi with other guests and its direct to Airport. No beer, films , etc.. Have a ball, we did. By the way, we did the time share presentation and used the coupons to pay our bill and enjoy the spa. You will get a free breakfast and lose that morning with the speal. but you are there and can stay and enjoy the facility. Oh a discount was offered on restaurants there but not at the pool.. Adios amigos.

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
69,916 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airport to hotel transportation

My suggestion for 4 people:

CaboSanLucasTours.net FROM the airport $61

Taxi booked with the Blanco concierge (not shuttle service which is a taxi stuffed with folks from the Blanco & Rose, but a private taxi) TO the airport $60

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
3,309 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Airport to hotel transportation

"With a family of 4, I would go with Arturo. Private van, working ac and seatbelts plus beer and pop and a video tour of the area. Can't beat that!"

I also recommend Arturo of translobo. I'm a big fan of pvt transfers and he's the best.

Seattle, Washington
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
3,863 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Airport to hotel transportation

and now a different opinion....

With a family of 4, I would definitely take a taxi! The taxis are all vans (mostly all newer) or big suv's. Simply ask them for a van with working AC and seatbelts. They will stop at a tienda along the way for drinks if you ask them. I believe the going rate is about $80 - things have been slow and they need business...discuss the rate before leaving. DO not talk to anyone inside the airport regardless of what they say or offer, they are all timeshare salesmen, not representatives of a taxi or transpo company.

From the Blanco to the airport you can book the taxi with concierge for whatever time you want to leave - the rate is $60 for the van. We took a taxi back this trip and I will always use them from now on.....its so nice to be able to leave exactly when you want and not stop for anyone else along the way.....well worth the extra $15 a piece (over the price of the shuttle) for the 2 of us....

Seattle
Level Contributor
50,670 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Airport to hotel transportation

I also would simply get a taxi. The shuttles are a good value if you are only 1-2 people together. But for a family of 4, I don't see how anything would be easier or cheaper than just grabbing a cab at the airport?

cabo
Level Contributor
3,830 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Airport to hotel transportation

smr and Suze, I agree that in this case, just grabbing a cab may probably be easiest. But smr, I don´t agree that taxis need a break. In fact, I would say they have even contributed to our current economic problems. They have blockaded hotels, put some shuttle and tour companies out of business and made it difficult to operate for others, caused large conventions to cancel trips to Cabo this past year, set very high fares, forced hotels into exclusive contracts, often refuse to let locals hire them or go to the local outlying neighborhoods away from tourist zones, and generally have complicated transportation in Los Cabos and limited options. Of all the people I feel sorry for with business hurting, last on my list are the Cabo taxi companies. I´m sure there are some nice drivers, but the taxi companies are more of an oppressive syndicate than a service to Cabo visitors and residents. I´m not saying don´t take a cab, I´m just saying I wouldn´t feel sorry for them IMO. Now let me tell you how I really feel... :)

Seattle, Washington
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
3,863 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Airport to hotel transportation

tac,

I certainly don't feel sorry for the taxi cartel or try to promote their monopoly in the transpo buisness....I think my post was mis worded. I was trying to imply that since business has been slow they should try to negotiate a lower rate into town. I think it does make sense for a family of 4 to use the taxi service vs. paying more for a shuttle - more money to spend in Cabo :)

I have read some of the horror stories of people getting stuck at their hotel, tranpo companies get locked out, activity vendors being forced to have clients use taxis to get to their activities and people are still forced to use the taxi service back to the airport from almost all hotels. Its been very confusing to follow for everyone. Before our last trip, I was almost considering walking our stuff over to the ME so I could book transcabo for a roundtrip but I was hesitant that they would question me, I dont want the taxi cartel on my @#$. Since we are forced to use taxis from Pueblo bonito blanco, I would rather pay the $15 more each to have a private taxi and be able to enjoy another hour or two in Cabo ;0