We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Place to eat for a quick lunch from SJD airport to La Paz

Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Place to eat for a quick lunch from SJD airport to La Paz

Our flight gets in around 2pm and heading to La Paz after picking up a rental car. Any suggestions on places near the airport that's on the way for a quick lunch as we want to get to La Paz before the sunset?

6 replies to this topic
Fresno, California
Level Contributor
2,594 posts
108 reviews
1. Re: Place to eat for a quick lunch from SJD airport to La Paz

We always rent our vehicles from Cabosuvrentals.com which runs out of La Palapa restaurant just on the other side of the highway from the airport. The wife is always starving when we get off the plane and she loves their fish fingers and guacamole. In fact we get it so often the owner John Paul orders it for us when we are waiting for our bags.

The are also a couple of places on the highway right when you head out but not much until Los Barriles which is about the halfway point.

Shelton, Washington
Level Contributor
329 posts
2 reviews
2. Re: Place to eat for a quick lunch from SJD airport to La Paz

Depends on whether you want to drive after dark

3. Re: Place to eat for a quick lunch from SJD airport to La Paz

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 22 November 2018, 06:10
Edited: 22 November 2018, 06:10

Austin, Texas...
Level Contributor
187 posts
13 reviews
4. Re: Place to eat for a quick lunch from SJD airport to La Paz

After Customs and getting your car, you will probably be on the road by 4 at best. If you want to get to La Paz before dark, there are some good taco places in Todos Santos you can stop into. Take the Toll road out of SJD to save a lot of time. Have pesos for the booths.

While the 1 is more scenic. If I were you, I'd take the 19 through Todos Santos, along the west coast in the interest of time.

Edited: 22 November 2018, 17:19
Shelton, Washington
Level Contributor
329 posts
2 reviews
5. Re: Place to eat for a quick lunch from SJD airport to La Paz

My flight gets in at 1:30, after immigration, customs, getting the car and a quick stop at Soriana I figure I’ll be lucky to make it to Los Barriles before sundown much less La Paz. I believe sundown is 5:30

Edited: 23 November 2018, 00:02
Paris, France
Level Contributor
506 posts
6. Re: Place to eat for a quick lunch from SJD airport to La Paz

I would get on my way as fast as possible, heading through Los Barriles.

Don't let the rental car agent send you to a timeshare shark.

There are places along the way to grab something to eat while you drive. A restaurant stop will take a lot more time than you have to spare.

Reply to: Place to eat for a quick lunch from SJD airport to La Paz
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted