We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

US $ Credit Card

Whitby, Canada
Level Contributor
130 posts
34 reviews
US $ Credit Card

Hi all, first time on this forum and first time to Cabo. I saw that uber is now somewhat up and running. Do they accept payment in US dollars or do they charge in Pesos? Asking because we are Canadian and use a US $ credit card while in the US to save on conversion fees on all the purchases. If they charge in pesos there isn't much point in changing to the US card.

Thanks for the help

4 replies to this topic
Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
53 posts
13 reviews
1. Re: US $ Credit Card

When I used my uber app in HK I was charged US dollars on my bank statement, I would assume it's the same when using a US uber account in Mexico. Since your case is rather unique (Canadian account using US card in Mexico) it might not hurt to reach out to uber and find out.

Wichita, Kansas
Level Contributor
10 posts
26 reviews
2. Re: US $ Credit Card

I tried to use Uber last night. There were several cars, but a few minutes later ( and for the following half hour) there were none. There are dozens available this morning as a I type.

Prices are quoted in pesos, and are insanely cheap (87 for a 15 min drive), and I don’t see an option to change it.

Your best bet in Mexico is a credit card that doesn’t charge FOREX fees. In Canada last time I checked home trust was the only option. Anyway, for how cheap the Uber is, I wouldn’t worry about exchange rates too much and just plan on using your normal Canadian card. Hope that helps

Edited: 16 November 2018, 23:36
Cabo San Lucas...
Level Contributor
2,367 posts
31 reviews
3. Re: US $ Credit Card

Uber charges are in pesos.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
53 posts
13 reviews
4. Re: US $ Credit Card

Good to know they're in pesos, I use Chase Sapphire so there's no foreign transaction fees anyways. But yes, getting a credit card with no foreign transaction fees is important for any traveling!

Reply to: US $ Credit Card
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted