We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Remembering the awe

Grand Rapids...
Level Contributor
368 posts
16 reviews
Remembering the awe

I still remember the awe of arriving in cabo the first time. Getting to the resort and looking at the ocean from our deck and hearing the waves crash. We fell in love with it. Fast forward almost 10 years later and how fun it has been to watch the newlyweds get that same feeling. From the plane ride to the ocean views. Resort fun and downtown, eating out and trying new things. I am having so much fun watching how excited their faces get each time we introduce them to a new experience. Although we love coming just the 4 of us, sharing this love of cabo has also been very fun. Brought mom and aunts a few years back and they keep asking when they can come again as they fell in love also. Love introducing people to our favorite place away from home.

23 replies to this topic
mazeandblueworld
Level Contributor
72 posts
11. Re: Remembering the awe

If AA strands you in Dallas (like they did to me and my wife this Saturday) It might take you well over 24 hrs.

St James, New York
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
18,039 posts
176 reviews
12. Re: Remembering the awe

Tjblue........We often connect thru Dallas from Cabo on the way to NY.

We have been tied up in Dallas Customs and immigration and missed our flights too.

Flying AA from Cabo we now try to connect thru Charlotte NC, Its smaller and much better.

mazeandblueworld
Level Contributor
72 posts
13. Re: Remembering the awe

We made record time through customs and Immigration after being two hours late due to weather. Unknown to us as we reached what was suppose to be our gate AA decided to cancel our flight. Never again.

mazeandblueworld
Level Contributor
72 posts
14. Re: Remembering the awe

Rockey, Thanks for your Mexcar recommendation...they did a great job.

Edited: 17 October 2018, 01:30
Surrey, Canada
Level Contributor
339 posts
3 reviews
15. Re: Remembering the awe

This December will be my 14th time. First time was 1990 playing in a softball tournament. Stayed in San Jose. It was a lot smaller then. 7 years a go my wife had never been to Mexico( just dating then) she had been to Hawaii several times. I convinced her to go to Cabo. Now it’s her favourite place. Her 8 th time to Cabo coming up. It’s a 4h 15m direct flight from Vancouver for us. Once we made it in 3h 45m with a strong tail wind

Edited: 17 October 2018, 01:37
Wimberley, Texas
Level Contributor
40 posts
6 reviews
16. Re: Remembering the awe

That “awe” is what keeps us coming back year after year. We used to go to HI and Barbados.....but from Texas we can be at SJD in a couple hours. Instead of travel time, we get an extra day of vacay on each end! Now we choose San Jose over Cabo San Lucas. For us, it is perfect. A day trip to Todos Santos, a fishing trip, dinner every night in San Jose and Art Walk - that’s all. Otherwise just lounging and watching the whales. Can’t wait to be back in December.

Shelton, Washington
Level Contributor
298 posts
17. Re: Remembering the awe

I was completely awestruck all 17 trips between 1985 and 1993, predominately stayed in San Jose Del Cabo as we preferred the small town feel back then. Took 23 years off to raise a child and came back in 2016, still shaking my head at what Cabo has become.

St James, New York
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
18,039 posts
176 reviews
18. Re: Remembering the awe

Passman......Over the years I have seen dramatic changes. (Almost Every Year)

I can't imagine your shock after not being here for 23 years.....Wow !

Shelton, Washington
Level Contributor
298 posts
19. Re: Remembering the awe

Rocky, Wow was one of the words I used as we came down the toll road to San Jose Del Cabo,

I knew that it had grown but still couldn’t believe what I was seeing.

We are spending a week at La Capilla just south of Los Barriles this year. I was going to try Zihua but my employer has named it a “Do Not Travel” zone

Buffalo, NY
Level Contributor
6,646 posts
14 reviews
20. Re: Remembering the awe

This is a great thread to read. We are big travelers to the Cancun/PDC area along with many countries in the Caribbean...but we are looking for a change since we have been a lot of places and miss the 'awe'. The pictures online just look really spectacular.

Reply to: Remembering the awe
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted