We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Villa del pelmar

6 posts
Villa del pelmar

How far of walk into down town ?

5 replies to this topic
San Diego...
Level Contributor
1,629 posts
26 reviews
13 helpful votes
1. Re: Villa del pelmar

A mile and half more or less. We wouldn’t walk into town from there. It’s pretty far for us. Grab a water taxi from the shore to the marina instead.

Edited: 16 August 2018, 04:17
Vancouver BC
Level Contributor
4,804 posts
4 reviews
4 helpful votes
2. Re: Villa del pelmar

This Map might help you find the resort you are looking for the walking distance. Villa del palmar is where the + sign is in the middle of the Map.

wikimapia.org/…bs

Everett, Washington
Level Contributor
50 posts
3 reviews
6 helpful votes
3. Re: Villa del pelmar

I'm not good with distance but I'd say 30 minutes...at a leisurely stroll on the sidewalk or street. The beach is a much harder walk. BUT if you'd like to experience the local bus it picks you up from VDP then goes to Walmart. - You just stay on the bus & it will then go into town. Tell the diver where you want to get off. They are old school buses painted white called "collectivos" it will have Wal Mart painted on the windshield. The bus stop is out the gate from the Villa properties at the bottom of the hill where the road curves.. you can wait on either side of the street. There is no actual bus stop sign. It cost $1.00 actually less if you use pesos. Catching the bus back to VDP is a little trickier...the stop is near the entrance to the Mall on the side street. Again there is no actual sign saying bus stop. We found it by asking someone. There is no bus schedule either. They seem to run pretty frequently though.

Glendale, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
1,814 posts
51 reviews
67 helpful votes
4. Re: Villa del pelmar

I agree, it’s a good walk and depending on what time of year it’s too hot to be enjoyable. The road can be dusty on the stretch also. I second the water taxi, regular taxi or using the bus if you’re adventurous. Cabs can get expensive to go out a couple times a day.

Saint Paul...
Level Contributor
64 posts
8 reviews
3 helpful votes
5. Re: Villa del pelmar

We stay at VDP quite often and usually mix it up between cab/walk/bus - depending on heat, attire, if we drank a decent amount in town, etc. It's not a difficult or especially long walk. If walking at what would be considered a "normal" pace, maybe 15-20 minutes from the resort to the heart of downtown. Longer if going to farther parts of the Marina, etc.

Reply to: Villa del pelmar
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted