We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thanksgiving In Cabo

Monroe, Washington
1 post
1 review
Thanksgiving In Cabo

We are going to Cabo for the first time (and first time in Mexico) for our much needed honeymoon! We've been together for 5 years and have never been on a vacation together and decided the on the night of our wedding a few weeks ago that it was time to go on a real vacation! (We travel a lot to race dirtbikes together but spend all our time off work for that instead of "normal" vacations lol)

Anyways, we are going November 18- 24th. We are staying at Playa Grande (but not doing the AI as we will be out and about adventuring etc). What are some great places for food, drinks, going out/ nightlife where you feel safe at night?

A great restaurant for a fancier feel/ dress up dinner for one of the nights?

Has anyone ever been there on Thanksgiving and was there any sort of celebrations/ dinners/ themed parties etc?

Also if you are staying at one resort but want to go check out another resort's pool/ swim up bar, is that allowed? If so, which resorts will allow this?

Thank you in advance for the advice!!

5 replies to this topic
San Diego...
Level Contributor
1,176 posts
26 reviews
1. Re: Thanksgiving In Cabo

Welcome to TA!

Generally, those of us who visit Cabo don’t “dress up.” Cabo is a laid back beach town. I’ve walked into restaurants and nightclubs wearing flip flops, board shorts, and tank tops. You’re going in November which is an excellent time but it’ll likely be a lot cooler. I suggest bringing a layer at night for those cooler temps.

PG is an excellent resort. Lots of excellent restaurants to choose from at all price points. Some of my favorites are Bar Esquina (some people dress up here) Taco Guss (excellent inexpensive tacos) Hacienda Cocina (excellent beach front restaurant) The Office is another superb restaurant where you dine in the sand and I absolutely loved Los Tres Gallo’s.

For a night you’ll enjoy Squid Roe and Mandalas. There are also other clubs nearby. There all within walking distance of each other. Inexpensive $2 beers over at Cabo Blue and Happy Ending. You might also enjoy a beach day at the all new Cachet Beach Club as well.

Some forum members have said that Breathless offers day passes. We frequently have walked right into Casa Dorada and use their pool no problem.

Enjoy your trip. Cabo is hard to beat.

Also make sure you secure private or shared transportation from the airport. Personally, we prefer private. Lots of excellent companies to choose from. We usually go with Cabo Airport Shuttle.

Edited: 15 August 2018, 23:51
St James, New York
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
17,797 posts
176 reviews
2. Re: Thanksgiving In Cabo

You can walk into any Non All Inclusive resort to just "Check It Out".

Actually using the pools is not allowed, but people do walk off the beaches and jump in other resorts pools.

At the Playa Grande you are walkable to many terrific restaurants in town.

While Cabo is very casual, people who celebrate Birthdays, Anniversaries and other events do dress up

The El Farallon restaurant close to your location in the Resort at Pedregal is a Special evening

The La Roca restaurant at the Grand Solmar resort next to the Playa Grande is another Special night.

In town Alcaravea Gormet restaurant is excellent and the Sunset Da Mona Lisa restaurant is too !

Invita Bistro restaurant in town is worthy of any fine dinning event.

Edited: 16 August 2018, 01:38
Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
25,954 posts
65 reviews
3. Re: Thanksgiving In Cabo

PG is a great choice! The location is wonderful, and it's easy to walk into town for going to all the good restaurants! Check www.trapperscabolist.com for some wonderful ideas. I do like to "dress up" occasionally for dinner in town, but it's still a casual 'dress up'-cute summer dresses with sparkly flip flops, fun palazzo pants, things like that, and the guys might want nice shorts and a polo type shirt...most places don't require pants and ties, and such, but there are a couple that do I think. (I've not been to those. LOL) My new favorite is Bajo La Luna! Their patio is beautiful, the meals are wonderful and the service is great, and yes-it is one of the places I do 'dress' a bit for, just because it's fun. I also like Romeo y Julieta, and tend to spiff up a bit to go there also-again, just because it feels good.

Most places are casual, and always casual for lunch.......some favorites for good lunches and dinners are the Tiki Bar, Alexanders, Patagonia, Sancho's, Puerto San Lucas, Salvatores...........all an easy walk from PG. Oh, and Alcaravea! Great for a lovely dinner.

My preference for private transfers is Cielito Lindo, but the shuttle PG uses is a good value for shared!

PG does several theme nights-beach party, Fiesta, etc. and they are fun-usually buffet style. You might want to think about their optional AI for 3 nights, and have those nights include at least one of the 'parties'...they have to consecutive nights.......and they include your meals, drinks, and can be fun for a first visit and still allow you to try the restaurants in town also.

Enjoy and happy honeymoon!

Springfield...
Level Contributor
5,500 posts
100 reviews
4. Re: Thanksgiving In Cabo

From everyone I've talked to Hooliganz Corner Bar does the best Thanksgiving meal. Many restaurants will have a special meal and you will most likely need to make reservations.

It's pretty much frowned upon, by the resort's guests anyway, to use the facilities of a resort you're not staying at. Since you're staying at PG, use their facilities and those of the other Solmar properties next door.

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
25,954 posts
65 reviews
5. Re: Thanksgiving In Cabo

You won't be able to use the GS pools, but can go there to eat. SBC may not have a problem if you want to go use their pools, but unless you love SBC (like I do) you won't really need to go there from PG-where there are more pool choices-and pool bars ;) (2 pool bars at PG-1 at SBC)

Reply to: Thanksgiving In Cabo
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted