We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anniversary Trip

Louisiana
Level Contributor
183 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Anniversary Trip

I am looking to surprise my wife with a trip to Cabo for our anniversary. I would like some insight into what you guys think are the top 3 places to stay for that celebration. She loves the beach but don't necessarily have to get in the water but laying on the beach would be great. I understand there is an area close to town and the then further out there are some really nice resorts. I'm just not sure what is where and what resorts are on beaches that are swimmable. Budget is open as of now just want it to be nice. All inclusive is not out of the question either but you can also comment on this. Thanks in advance for the comments.

20 replies to this topic
Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
25,834 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anniversary Trip

Well, you might want to look at places like the Grand Solmar, Playa Grande, and the Sandos Finisterra. 3 choices on Solmar beach, (no swimming) but super easy to walk into the marina and town for some great meals (Finisterra is an AI-the others offer it as an option) and look at www.trapperscabolist.com for restaurant ideas. Medano beach is the swimming beach in town-has the water activities and beach bars, etc., a bit too busy for me, but super popular area. www.cabovillas.com has great web cams to view of various areas and the company (Earth Sea & Sky) is fantastic as well.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
1,027 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anniversary Trip

I think top three is relative but I need to know do you want a upbeat vibrant atmosphere beachfront or a tranquil peace and quiet beachfront? If the latter, then choose any resort along the pacific side of lands. All are generally excellent. If budget was not an issue I would likely choose Sandos or Playa Grande on the pacific side. On the medano beach area I would choose Villa la Estancia or Casa Dorada. Maybe Breathless as well.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
1,045 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anniversary Trip

Hacienda Beach Club and Residences

Cabo San Lucas...
Level Contributor
65 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anniversary Trip

It's VERY SWEET of you to surprise your wife with such a great anniversary gift!!! We recommend Hilton on the corridor! Great hotel, beautiful beach, and wonderful service!

Glendale, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
1,799 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anniversary Trip

I would definitely try Villa Del Arco on Medano Beach. It's down the beach away from town enough to be a quiet part of Medano beach. I love the beach and watching the ocean activities from the pool area at Villa Del Arco. They have 3 very large pools. I never feel crowded in the pool area. Medano is the swimmable beach. You can catch jetskis, water taxis over to lover's beach right in front of Villa Del Arco.

If you decide to go All Inclusive VDA is a great resort fot All Inclusive. They have very good dining options and you can use all the restaurants at Villa Del Arco and Villa Del Palmar. I don't normally choose AI plans but next month when we go to VDA we have the AI plan and are totally excited for a full relaxing week. No drives into town to find parking and restaurants! I honestly will not be missing anything by doing AI at this resort since they have so many dining options from pizza to steakhouse, taco bar, sushi, sports bar, seafood restaurant and the usual steak dinners plus italian!

Louisiana
Level Contributor
183 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Anniversary Trip

Thanks for all the suggestions. Want something quiet and romantic. Does anyone have any input on One & Only, Esperanza, Resort at Pedregal, or The Cape.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
636 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Anniversary Trip

1. Resort at Pedregal

2. Chileno Bay Resort

3. O&O

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
1,045 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Anniversary Trip

Las Ventanas

Roche Harbor...
Level Contributor
58 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Anniversary Trip

Check out the Thompson Cape Hotel on the very end of Medano Beach. A great ambiance for your celebration. The Resort at Pedregal is epic, but $$$$,

Actually both are....$$$$

Highly recommend not doing AI there are way to many awesome restaurants in town. One of my favorites is still Nick San for great sushi.

United States
Level Contributor
1,133 posts
338 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Anniversary Trip

You can't go wrong with any of those you listed. Keep in mind that some are in Cabo San Lucas and others are in San Jose del Cabo so do your homework. They are 20+ miles apart and if you don't rent a car, the taxi fare between them is atrocious. I have friends that just stayed at Chileno Bay Resort and it looks fantastic. That being said, if I was willing to spend way more money than necessary, I'd go to The Cape.

Reply to: Anniversary Trip
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted