We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

7 days to go - Restaurant thoughts ?

Bloomington, IL
Level Contributor
141 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
7 days to go - Restaurant thoughts ?

Will be returning to Cabo for our first trip down there in 18 months.

Any new (or even old) must do restaurants that you've been to that you'd recommend ?

We're not looking for anything high end, cool, authentic or just plain good is what we like

Thanks

29 replies to this topic
Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
24,877 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 7 days to go - Restaurant thoughts ?

My new favorite is Bajo La Luna! Great food, lovely atmosphere, and excellent service!

check www.trapperscabolist.com for lots of tried and true suggestions. It's a great site, and Trapper is a definite foodie! LOL

I also like Patagonia for good beef, the Tiki Bar for good fish & chips for lunch-Alexanders, Romey y Julietta, Alcaravea (though I haven been the last two years-no time for all my favs) Gordo Lele's for a good taco....so many excellent places-and too little time to hit the favorites, and still branch out. Oh-enjoyed Guacamayas this past May.

Saint James, New...
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
15,560 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 7 days to go - Restaurant thoughts ?

Hi Ian...You will probably be flooded with suggestions for good Local restaurants.

If you have never been to "Campestre" its a must. Great food, good prices, Its is a Taxi ride a few blocks out of the tourist area.

"Roasted" is small restaurant near the beach and the Bahia Hotel worth a visit.

The Omega Sports restaurant on the beach is inexpensive and a sand between the toes type place.

Washingtonville, NY
Level Contributor
1,949 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 7 days to go - Restaurant thoughts ?

Loved Bajo la Luna. Great food, service, atmosphere, and a guitar player. Wonderful.

Also loved Sur Beach Club. Fantastic breakfast with a view of the beach, or sit right on the beach.

Tiki Bar is an old favorite for sushi, but it wasn't as great as we remembered.

We love Gardenias for great and cheap tacos.

Richland, Washington
Level Contributor
495 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 7 days to go - Restaurant thoughts ?

We finally went to Bajo la Luna for dinner on Sunday night. The classical guitarist was worth the entire meal cost. The meal was damn good too. Very good ambiance. A little concerned that there were only 5dinner tables at 7:30. Guitarist started at 7:00. We kept them open for at least one more night as it was our anniversary. We left happy.

Texas
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: 7 days to go - Restaurant thoughts ?

We tried Bajo La Luna in May and given all of the hype on here we even made reservations. Sadly we were the only ones dining so although the food was good, we chose not to return last week.

Edith’s doesn’t get much love here on the forum due to higher prices, but the ambiance makes up for it and is my favorite restaurant in Cabo. A creature of habit, I always get the Wally Special.

San Jose
Level Contributor
3,200 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 7 days to go - Restaurant thoughts ?

For cool and good food check out Tierra De Barro. Live music starts at nine I believe. It is still kind of off the radar. They have a facebook page too.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
206 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 7 days to go - Restaurant thoughts ?

My list goes like this... Alcaravea, Salvatore's, Panazia, Fisherman's, El Perregrino, Isabel's. Off the grid, Campestre, la michoicanos, pizza Nostra.

Waukesha, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
12 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 7 days to go - Restaurant thoughts ?

Alexanders on the marina is by far my favorite restaurant for atmosphere, service and quality of food. Edith's is pricey but totally worth it. Happy Endings is fun and has good bar food.

Level Contributor
139 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 7 days to go - Restaurant thoughts ?

We just got back last week, had such a great time! we ate at Edith's ( a tradition for us), the Office, Hacienda Cocina, Caborey dinner cruise (fun, but the food was not worth the cost) and Invita Bistro. We were suppose to eat at Bajo La luna, but their Chef passed away, so they closed that particular evening. So many good restaurants...so little time to fit them all in!

Oceanside...
Level Contributor
819 posts
302 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 7 days to go - Restaurant thoughts ?

After several trips to Cabo, we finally made it over to Hacienda Cocina on our last trip and taking everything into account (food, drinks, service, view), it's my current favorite in Cabo. Everything we had from the appetizer to the dessert was absolutely fantastic. I can't wait to go back. We also ate at Bajo La Luna and it was good but didn't blow me away. InVita for *me*, the only one in our group who ordered an Italian dish, was totally sub-par. The others in my group ordered seafood and loved it. Pan di Bacco's pasta is 100X better to me. The best I've ever had as a matter of fact.

Reply to: 7 days to go - Restaurant thoughts ?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted