We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in January

3 posts
Save Topic
Weather in January

My fiance and I are getting married in SMA. We have a particular venue that we really want, but they do not have availability for over a year. We were hoping for something sooner. I received notice that the venue now has an opening in January of 2019. I've read that it is cold at nights in January. Can anyone please give me more anecdotal information on the overall weather, climate, flora/fauna in January. Will it be too cold to experience the lush, beautiful flowers blooming all around town? Will our guests be uncomfortably cold at an outdoor wedding/reception? Will our guests (all from USA) feel too cold in the homes/hotels we stay at...(since we're used to central heat/air)?

Any information you could share would be very helpful. I'm trying to decide if it is worth it just wait until August 2019 so that my guests can experience the beauty of SMA.

Mentioned in this post
United States
United States
North America
1 reply
San Miguel de...
Level Contributor
862 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in January

Go to Weather Underground (http://wunderground.com) where you can find historical data. Highs average about 70 in January, overnight lows in the mid 40's, but last January we had a few nights around freezing. The lows are reached just before dawn. August there is a good chance of thunderstorms in the afternoon & evening. Bougainvilleas flower all year and many succulents flower during the winter. The great year-round weather is one reason so many expats have chosen SMA.

Reply to: Weather in January
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about San Miguel de Allende