We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Interested in visiting Bogo

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
582 posts
20 reviews
Interested in visiting Bogo

1. Where do I take a bus for Bogo? How long does it take on a bus to Bogo.

2. Is there a website for schedule?

3. How much is the fare?

4. How can identify which bus to go to Bogo. Any name of bus/es?

5. Is there an "express bus?

17 replies to this topic
Puerto Galera...
Level Contributor
5,601 posts
29 reviews
1. Re: Interested in visiting Bogo

You take buses from Cebu City northern bus terminal. The buses are very easy to find and there is a designated bus stand, buses to Hagnya for Bantayan stop there as do buses heading to the northern tip of Cebu and the buses will have a sign with "Bogo" in the front window. There are A/C and non A/C buses. The A/C buses are comfortable. An express bus would still have to overtake the tricycles motorbikes jeepneys and trucks so there is no point in having one. The jouney time is around 3 1/2 hours including a comfort break. Buses leave frequently, I have done the route once so would guess every half hour or so - just turn up. I have forgotten the fare but think less than 200 pesos.

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
582 posts
20 reviews
2. Re: Interested in visiting Bogo

#1 Sampag1ta

Where is the Cebu City Northern Bus Terminal at? Is there a street name? A district to go to in Cebu City?

Puerto Galera...
Level Contributor
5,601 posts
29 reviews
3. Re: Interested in visiting Bogo

In Mandaue City, Google Maps have its location but taxi divers from the centre of Cebu city or the Airport know where it is - expect to pay around 200 pesos from town,a bit more from the airport.

Leyte Island...
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
12,174 posts
53 reviews
4. Re: Interested in visiting Bogo

Unless you are planning to walk there, you won't need to know where the Cebu North Bus Terminal is located. Just get in a taxi and say Cebu North Bus Terminal.... palihug.

Every bus going north goes through Bogo so it doesn't matter which bus you get on. The 2 most common signs you will see on the front of the bus are HAGNAYA and MAYA

No one can tell you how long the bus trip will take. I have had at least 10 trips north. Some of them to Bogo. Some passing through Bogo. Expect an absolute minimum of 2.5 hours. The bus terminal in Bogo is massive and is situated on the edge of the city. The bus passes through Bogo city before arriving at the Bogo Bus Terminal. So, tell the conductor where you need to get off so he can stop at the closest point on route, instead of you having to travel back into the city from the Bogo Bus Terminal.

You can also catch a v-hire from the Cebu North Bus Terminal. My last 2 trips north have been on the Daanbantayan V-Hire. That trip has been 2 hours to Bogo each time, with a toilet break along the way. If you ride in a v-hire, they will drop you at your final destination in Bogo, so long as it is not too far out of the way. If you will ride in a v-hire, try and get the front seat.

No idea what the cost is to Bogo but the V-hire is P200 all the way to Maya so the cost of a bus or a v-hire will be P200 or less for Bogo.

Leyte Island...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
12,174 posts
53 reviews
5. Re: Interested in visiting Bogo

I should have added.

If you are travelling to Bogo so you can catch a boat, the pier for the big boats is about 5 kilometres out of the City\, heading towards Daanbantayan. So, you will stay on the Bus at Bogo and continue on north. Tell the conductor so he can have the bus stop at the access road for the pier.

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
582 posts
20 reviews
6. Re: Interested in visiting Bogo

Sampagu1ta

Big Jim Leyte

I asked for the location of the North Bus Terminal because I want to have idea geographically with respect to the Mactan Airport and Cebu City to get my bearing, to understand the geography. Sure, taxi drivers would know where it is. The question is, would I know to which direction the taxi is taking me?

I am a visual person. That is why I still use a paper map to get my bearing.

Edited: 07 April 2015, 09:52
Puerto Galera...
Level Contributor
5,601 posts
29 reviews
7. Re: Interested in visiting Bogo

see post #3

https://www.google.com.ph/maps/place/North+Bus+Terminal/@10.3147634,123.9538861,14z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x33a9990eab20cc67:0xf45a7ef54d50ac1e?hl=en

Edited: 07 April 2015, 10:23
Leyte Island...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
12,174 posts
53 reviews
8. Re: Interested in visiting Bogo

Cebu North Bus Terminal

wikimapia.org/1492141/Cebu-North-Bus-Terminal

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
582 posts
20 reviews
9. Re: Interested in visiting Bogo

#7 Sampagu1ta

So, it is in Mandaue City for Cebu City North Bus Terminal. As you can see that would be confusing for somebody like me ha?

Thanks for link anyways. . .

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
582 posts
20 reviews
10. Re: Interested in visiting Bogo

#8 Big Jim Leyte

Thank you for the link.

Based on location from the Airport, Cebu North Bus Terminal is then south of the Osmena Bridge/Marcelo Fernan Bridge.

BTW, which of these two bridges is going out of Mactan Island and which one is coming in to Mactan Island?

Reply to: Interested in visiting Bogo
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Bogo