We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boat from Bogo to Kalanggaman island?

9 posts
1 review
Boat from Bogo to Kalanggaman island?

Helo. Me and my GF would love to visit Kalanggaman island. Is it possible to go to island from Bogo? We are in Cebu and trip to Palompon and to Kalanggaman would be very time consuming for us. We heard there are some boats who do take some people to Kalanggaman and we searched everything and can not find any info about this. Is there any website? Or some contact like email? I would be very happy for some help/info about this.

In short: where can i find more info to travel from Bogo Kalanggaman?

9 replies to this topic
Leyte Island...
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
11,971 posts
53 reviews
1. Re: Boat from Bogo to Kalanggaman island?

There will only be private operators so my expection is you will have to wait until you are in Bogo and ask around.

Will you be travelling to Malapascua? You can do a day trip from there. Here is one business that does that

malapascua-diving.com/Malapascua/DiveSites.h…

Cebu City to Kalanggaman via Palompon is still a day trip from Cebu City.

Here is how to do that

- Catch the first Supercat of the day at 5.15am from Pier 1 in Cebu City to Ormoc City. That trip takes about 2.5 hours.

- On arrival at the pier In Ormoc City, cross the road to the bus and jeepney terminal. Ask around for the V-hire to Palompon. In my experience, they depart shortly after the fast ferries arrive so don't stuff about otherwise you may wait an hour for the next one. The trip from the bus and jeepney terminal in Ormoc to the bus and jeepney terminal in Polompon costs P110 and the trip takes about an hour and 15 minutes

- On arrival at the bus and jeepney terminal in Palompon, ask what time will be their last v-hire of the day back to Ormoc. So you can guage how much time you have for everything.

- Walk the short distance along the main street to the Information centre in the yellow building beside the Palompon town hall. If everything has gone to plan, you should be at the information center between about 9.30am and 10am. They will arrange everything for your trip to Kalanggaman

- If you have time, make sure you also visit the Tabuk Marine Sanctuary which is very close to the town of Palompon.

- Do the trip in reverse back to Cebu City.

- The last Supercat of the day is at 7.50pm. If you don't need to depart that late, check for an earlier OceanJet. The OceanJet schedule is here

…luzvimindatravelandtours.com/2012/05/oceanj…

Cebu City...
Level Contributor
2,262 posts
52 reviews
2. Re: Boat from Bogo to Kalanggaman island?

Most of the outrigger boats from Palompon to Kalanggaman departs early morning since it is the window wherein the sea is still calm. It would be better to catch the night trip from Cebu to Palompon (Medallon and Cokaliong are the companies which operates a ferry to Palompon). The outrigger boats usually departs Kalanggaman before sunset or earlier depending on the sea condition. With that, you can still catch the last Supercat trip from Ormoc.

9 posts
1 review
3. Re: Boat from Bogo to Kalanggaman island?

Great. Thank you both for this informations. It will be helpgull.

1 post
4. Re: Boat from Bogo to Kalanggaman island?

Hi Jim, how did you travel to Kalanggaman Island ? I heard there is Parola Wharf around Cebu Airport and can get a boat from there .. Please let me know. Thanks.

Cebu City...
Level Contributor
2,262 posts
52 reviews
5. Re: Boat from Bogo to Kalanggaman island?

It is actually at Cebu Yacht Club in Mactan

Leyte Island...
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
11,971 posts
53 reviews
6. Re: Boat from Bogo to Kalanggaman island?

I recently heard there is a Mactan island option but sorry I know no more than that.

Level Contributor
1,389 posts
17 reviews
7. Re: Boat from Bogo to Kalanggaman island?

There is no boat or ferry route from Mactan Yacht Club to Kalanggaman. The ferry is for Camotes. Kalanggaman and Camotes are not connected with any transport link. They are far apart.

Cebu City...
Level Contributor
2,262 posts
52 reviews
8. Re: Boat from Bogo to Kalanggaman island?

"There is no boat or ferry route from Mactan Yacht Club to Kalanggaman. "

There are tour operators going to Kalanggaman with a jump off in Cebu Yacht Club.

Cebu City...
Level Contributor
2,262 posts
52 reviews
9. Re: Boat from Bogo to Kalanggaman island?

"There is no boat or ferry route from Mactan Yacht Club to Kalanggaman. The ferry is for Camotes."

The ferry going to Camotes docks at the private port in Island Central Mactan which is not part of Cebu Yacht Club

Reply to: Boat from Bogo to Kalanggaman island?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Bogo