We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Instituto Chac-Mool Spanish School in Tulum MX

Davis, California...
Level Contributor
2 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
Instituto Chac-Mool Spanish School in Tulum MX

My husband and I studied at Instituto Chac-Mool in Cuernavaca MX when it was located there. We learned a lot at that time and decided we would follow up and study in Tulum at the same institute. This is a school for foreigners who want to learn Spanish. We are retired and it is been my hobby to study and learn Spanish since I retired 12 years ago. My husband joined me after he retired. We are now in the advanced level and have been or several years, but we wish to keep reviewing and learning more vocabulary and slang. Our goals were met at this school and we encourage you to consider studying Spanish here. In our grammar class, our teacher quickly determined our weaknesses and also asked us what we wished to review. I now feel much more comfortable using the subjunctive mode in both present and past tense. In conversation we read about 50 percent of a difficult novel by Carlos Fuentes, "La muerte de Artemio Cruz." We studied his style in this book and his use of the life of Artemio Cruz as an allegory for the history of Mexico. As my husband mentioned, Carlos Fuentes used the dictionary to ensure he included every word in his novel. We expanded our vocabulary and discussed some intricate issues. Our teacher was our guide through the life of Artemio Cruz.

I suggest that this school would be a perfect place to start learning Spanish. One student with whom we overlapped had been there for four weeks and knew nothing when he arrived. He needs Spanish for his work. He was very motivated and I was amazed by the amount of Spanish he had mastered in four weeks.

This time we did not stay with a family as we also wanted to explore the area and so we rented a car for 2 1/2 weeks. We stayed at a small hotel: Posada Yum Kin, which we loved and we spoke Spanish with the staff for our practice. Because of hearty breakfasts there and a few snacks we kept in our kitchenette, we ate only two meals a day and explored many interesting restaurants in Tulum and near the beach. There is an amazing range of food served in Tulum, from traditional Mexican (although we did not find a traditional restaurant from the Yucatan) to Italian, vegan, Thai. etc. Buen provecho.

Washington
1 post
Save Reply
11. Re: Instituto Chac-Mool Spanish School in Tulum MX

This is a fantastic class to take if you want to learn Spanish with really wonderful caring people. The classes are outside and very casual. They focus mostly on talking not boring school type things like grammar and rules. Although they still make sure you understand the basics. Who runs the school goes out of her way to make sure your experience not only at the school but in Cuernavaca is a lot of fun. organizes any kind of outing you might want to do including yoga and Mexican cooking. My teacher was also a lot of fun and even though I can be very shy I felt comfortable practicing my Spanish out loud with him. The other teachers were also very friendly and made an effort to introduce themselves and chat with all the students. The classes are small, most of the time one on one or two people per group so they can really focus on what you need individually to learn.

I highly recommend Instituto Chac-Mool.

Texas
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
12. Re: Instituto Chac-Mool Spanish School in Tulum MX

Hi nipper30 It is true, the school of Spanish in Tulum this closed, but they have another Spanish School in Cuernavaca. My family and I had a few weeks fantastic studying Spanish at Chac-Mool.

I recommend you the best school in Mexico for Learning Spanish with the best teachers.

http://spanishschoolsinmexico.com/

New York
1 post
Save Reply
13. Re: Instituto Chac-Mool Spanish School in Tulum MX

I learn a lot with them. Memorable Experience are the Private Spanish Classes.

I chose this program because a friend of mine recommended it to me.

My accommodations are with a Host family, cheap, clean and close to school.

thank you very much Chac-Mool

San Francisco...
2 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Instituto Chac-Mool Spanish School in Tulum MX

My best friend and I took Spanish classes Chac-Mool in Cuernavaca. It was an incredible experience. Thanks Chac-Mool

San Francisco...
2 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: Instituto Chac-Mool Spanish School in Tulum MX

You can visit their website http://chac-mool.com/

16. Re: Instituto Chac-Mool Spanish School in Tulum MX

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 February 2017, 11:47
Get answers to your questions about Tulum
Recent Conversations