We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dreams Tulum - Bugs and Mosquitoes

Edmonton, AB
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Topic
Dreams Tulum - Bugs and Mosquitoes

We're going to Dreams in 3 weeks and 3 days..... can't wait! I'm guessing that there aren't any since it's cooler weather.... but can anyone tell me if there were bugs and mosquitoes there?

Thanks for the info.... and thanks to everyone who has been posting their trip information - it has been wonderful!

Stephanie

Danville, KY
Level Contributor
153 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Dreams Tulum - Bugs and Mosquitoes

I was there in both March and November of 05. Never had a problem with bugs or mosquitoes. I think it probably depends on the time of year. They did fog for mosquitoes in November but if they were there, it apparently worked. Have a good time, it's a wonderful place!

JEfferson, IA
Level Contributor
119 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Dreams Tulum - Bugs and Mosquitoes

Just returned home from Dreams on Saturday. Saw a couple of mosquitoes in our room and so I killed them. Did see them doing the "fogging thing" a couple of times around the resort but never really noticed any mosquitoes outside and came home without any bites. I took bug spray with me but never used it.

Did see some really small ant-type bugs in our room but nothing else.

Have a great trip.

Cindy

New Jersey
Level Contributor
217 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dreams Tulum - Bugs and Mosquitoes

In June, many other guests complained about mosquitos in their room, but we had no problem. If you are worried about it then reject turn-down service at night while you are at dinner. I think sometimes the maids leave the door open too long and the bugs come in for the light. Most nights we didn't have the service because they came around too late and our kids were asleep. During the day, the rooms are cared for efficiently. Some people say the reason for the lime in your beer is to avoid bugs on the beach. You will have a great time!

Denver
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Dreams Tulum - Bugs and Mosquitoes

We just got home Tuesday evening (trip report coming, I promise). The first couple of nights were quite cool and we didn't notice any mosquitoes. So, I didn't bother using bug juice the next night and was bitten about six times. So, IMHO, there are definitely mosquitoes there to deal with.

Edmonton, AB
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Dreams Tulum - Bugs and Mosquitoes

Thank you everyone for your responses! I will definitely take some mosquito repellant.... but cross my fingers that we don't have to use it!

Stephanie