We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

help for vet in tulum

calofornia
2 posts
Save Topic
help for vet in tulum

I found a puppy in tulum I would like to rescue. I can not find a listing for the vet in tulum, I think his name is juan. ant help?

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,497 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: help for vet in tulum

Take the dog to a vet in Playa del Carmen. I don't think there are vets in Tulum, and even if there were, I wouldn't take any animal there. The best doctors, of all kinds, are in the larger cities.

phoenix
Level Contributor
631 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: help for vet in tulum

Holly, there is a very nice vet in Tulum.

Yes his name is Juan. His office is east of the main street. About 6 to 8 blocks. Near south side of town. I know where it is, but to give directions ...

Holly, he is right next door to the water mart!

phoenix
Level Contributor
631 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: help for vet in tulum

I contacted my friends who live in Tulum. They wrote:

Hi David,

Address here is Mercurio Poniente S/N (no number) reference point would be Casa de Cultura 2 blocks away, look for the 2 story blue building.

Phone for Juan is 984-871-2026, that is a land line, not a cell so locally (P.D.C. to Tulum) just the 871-2026 will do.

Chilliwack, BC...
Level Contributor
209 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: help for vet in tulum

We met a guide at the office of the Sian Kaan Biosphere and he had a pure bred tri colour beagle. I'm sure he'd be able to direct you as well. Bless you for the rescue some of the dogs we seen down there are in just as much need as the community.

Aurora, CO
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: help for vet in tulum

"Take the dog to a vet in Playa del Carmen. I don't think there are vets in Tulum, and even if there were, I wouldn't take any animal there. The best doctors, of all kinds, are in the larger cities."

I afraid that nothing could be farther from the truth. Dr. Juan Erazo in Tulum is heroic, giving of his time and resources to help the street animals, and bringing a high level of professionalism and care to the people and animals he serves at la Clinica Veterinaria Tulum. He is the Vet for the NACER voucher program (http://nacer.org), and has participated in many other helping ways. His surgical and diagnostic skills rival those of *ANY* U.S. Vet, and one should not hesitate to bring any animal to him, regardless of the severity of need.

Rescuing dogs from Mexico is a difficult subject - their plight can be heartbreaking, and the desire to help is highly commendable. Several organizations work to help them, though in this difficult economic time, critically needed support from U.S. donors is waning.

Colorado
Level Contributor
1 post
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: help for vet in tulum

Here is a blog site with directions to Dr. Juan Erazo's vet clinic in Tulum:

http://tulumvet.blogspot.com/

Boston
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: help for vet in tulum

Thanks to Dr. Juan's expertise , we were able to bring a sick, starving puppy back home to Massachusetts back in March.

Dr. Juan went above and beyond in a last minute situation, and after being in surgery all day to see our puppy late at night. His medical care and knowledge were consistent with what we would have received here in the states. He truly is concerned for the welfare of the animals. We are forever grateful for what he did for us. We love our healthy, loving rescue dog.

8. Re: help for vet in tulum

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 May 2010, 11:51