We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Keeping drinks cold in a cabana?

Atlanta
Level Contributor
133 posts
9 reviews
Keeping drinks cold in a cabana?

I was thinking we might skip some of the bar mark-ups by picking up some things to drink at a store. Does anybody know if there's a way to keep drinks cold in a cabana (probably Nueva Vida de Ramiro)? Or would we need to stick with red wine and warm tequila?

Big D
Destination Expert
for Tulum, Dallas
Level Contributor
14,349 posts
28 reviews
1. Re: Keeping drinks cold in a cabana?

You can bring a collaspible cooler and get see if you can buy ice from NV's restaurant - Casa Banana or get ice in town.

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,497 posts
60 reviews
2. Re: Keeping drinks cold in a cabana?

Before you buy, check to see if your hotel allows coolers in the room. Some do not. Since it's a jungle environment, it's best not to keep food in the room.

Atlanta
Level Contributor
133 posts
9 reviews
3. Re: Keeping drinks cold in a cabana?

Thanks. Both great ideas.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,315 posts
128 reviews
4. Re: Keeping drinks cold in a cabana?

Check out Bubba-Kegs. When i woke up in the morn, there was still ice in mine from the night before!

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Tulum
Level Contributor
7,231 posts
39 reviews
5. Re: Keeping drinks cold in a cabana?

If you forget to bring a cooler, you can buy a cheap foam one at the San Francisco. It'll hold ice for a day or two and will stay cold on that second day. Mine did leak a little bit, but I had a concrete floor and put it near the sliding door so the water ran out.

I don't recommend keeping food, but ice and drinks should not be a problem, critter-wise.

6. Re: Keeping drinks cold in a cabana?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 September 2009, 18:46