We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any reviews on Om Tulum?

New Jersey
Level Contributor
183 posts
5 reviews
Any reviews on Om Tulum?

It looks like a romantic accomodation, but I can't find any reviews?

Has anyone stayed here?

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Tulum
Level Contributor
7,247 posts
39 reviews
1. Re: Any reviews on Om Tulum?

I stayed there for a couple of days in December, what specifically would you like to know? All but one of the rooms are very large and all are nicely decorated (dark wood on the walls) and the restaurant has an outstanding chef named Freddy.

They have a beach bar and basically they make every inch of their very small property count. The only drawback I can see for anyone is that the rooms are not right on the beach. The property is narrow and the beachfront spot is taken by the restaurant, so the rooms stretch back from there. I understand they do have an ocean view from a couple of rooms, but not full-on. The rooms do have ceiling fans, though, and that always helps.

The property is between the new Casa Ocho on the south side and Casa Violeta and then Amansala on the north side.

If the no-beachfront thing is not an issue, I highly recommend it.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
183 posts
5 reviews
2. Re: Any reviews on Om Tulum?

I wanted to know if it was a romantic accomodation and how it was at night and the service. It seems like like there is very low occupany and therefore i was wondering how the service was.

Is there 24 hour electricity.

I did not know the cabbanas were behind the restaurant - thank you for this information.

Would you stay there again?

Can you post pictures on this website

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Tulum
Level Contributor
7,247 posts
39 reviews
3. Re: Any reviews on Om Tulum?

Not sure I'm qualified to call it romantic because I'm single and stayed there solo, but the rooms are very nice.

Here's my post from TulumInfo, sorry it's my entire trip, but the first two days are Om.

http://tulum.info/showthread.php?t=1520

I don't have any pics of the larger rooms, but someone else on TI did (ksquared), you can do a search by her name and you'll find one or two pics there.

For me, real romance would probably involve a cabana right on the beach, but I would definitely have a dinner or two at Om just to have Freddy cook for me.

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Tulum
Level Contributor
7,247 posts
39 reviews
4. Re: Any reviews on Om Tulum?

Sorry, I couldn't see the rest of your questions as I posted. What do you mean by "service"? I don't expect much other than a clean, well-supplied room. What else is there?

I don't know about 24-hour electricity, because I don't use electricity when I'm asleep or when I'm out and about. It was cool enough when I was there that I didn't need the ceiling fan, so I'm no help there either.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
183 posts
5 reviews
5. Re: Any reviews on Om Tulum?

Beachreader:

Do you recall what room number you stayed in?

THey have Room 107 reserved for me, but I was wondering if that's the same room you stayed in?

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Tulum
Level Contributor
7,247 posts
39 reviews
6. Re: Any reviews on Om Tulum?

I'm sorry, I don't know room numbers--not even sure they had them then. My room was the only tiny room, so if your room has two beds in it, it's not the same room.

Do you have an ocean view? They only have two or three rooms with ocean view, but that would help place the rooms in your mind. Really, the rooms are very large and have ceiling fans; I'd definitely stay there again if I weren't married to the idea of being right on the sand.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
183 posts
5 reviews
7. Re: Any reviews on Om Tulum?

Thanks.

8. Re: Any reviews on Om Tulum?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 September 2009, 17:50