We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mott's Clamato Juice Baha Prinicpe Tulum?

Alberta
Level Contributor
4 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Mott's Clamato Juice Baha Prinicpe Tulum?

Hi all-this might be a silly question, but does anyone know if they have it there? Being from Canada-we like some with our beer. We are virgins to the Mayan and just wanted to be prepared....10 days and counting.....

Thanks in advance for your answers!

DDF
Whitby, Canada
Destination Expert
for Tulum
Level Contributor
6,150 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Mott's Clamato Juice Baha Prinicpe Tulum?

heebs77, it is not a silly question, they do not have Motts in Mexico, they have their own version but not at the Bahia, we all bring down our own Motts for caesars and bring a Bubba Keg to fill it so we can take it to the beach. We generally bring down 5 small plastic bottles and pack it in our suitcases (we travel with a party of 10-12), double wrapped in plastic bags in case it explodes. Never have had any time where it has done that, but to be sure, bag it again, bring it from home because their tomato juice is not that great. Hubby has tried it, believe you me he didn't like it. Bring your own Motts in your checked luggage. We have done it for years and will continue doing it because it is just not the same. Actually we bring down two Bubba Kegs (from Canadian Tire) one for ice and the other for our dear caesars that we love so much. I bring down our own tabasco and whoster (which they have), but it is so much easier having it in the room as well I bring down our celery salt too. Have to have our caesars from Canada. You can get the smaller bottles at your grocery store, but I would bring down a large one because they have fridges in the rooms to keep it cold and always buy some vodka at the duty free at the airport because it is a pain to go to the bar to get it when you want one. We are seasoned travellers and can't leave home without your Motts!

Guelph, Canada
Level Contributor
2,319 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mott's Clamato Juice Baha Prinicpe Tulum?

Does it not come out of the taps? I seem to recall a TV commercial that showed that it did. LOL. Puts a whole new meaning to Bring Your Own BYOMCJ.

I think Mott's Clamato is one of those uniquely Canadian things like;

- Butter tarts

- Date squares

- Pablum

- Crispy Crunch bars

- Smarties

- McIntosh toffee bars

- Red Rose tea

- Cheese curd

We are going to BPA on April 6, 2007.

Alberta
Level Contributor
4 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mott's Clamato Juice Baha Prinicpe Tulum?

Thanks DDF! Looks like we'll be hitting Costco prior to leaving!

Also- we are heading out on April 5th for a week for our honeymoon!

We also are planning on using the Cancun Valet for the one way ride to the hotel-anything to beat the rush and drive in a bit of luxury-they quoted $75 USD one way. Even allowing some beers for the road.

Can't wait for the next week to fly by and get down to some sun and drinks on the beach!!!

DDF
Whitby, Canada
Destination Expert
for Tulum
Level Contributor
6,150 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Mott's Clamato Juice Baha Prinicpe Tulum?

The Bahia and Motts rocks!!!

orlando,fl
Level Contributor
502 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Mott's Clamato Juice Baha Prinicpe Tulum?

You forgot the horseradish and celery salt.

orlando,fl
Level Contributor
502 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Mott's Clamato Juice Baha Prinicpe Tulum?

I like to mix it with my beer also.It's also good by itself for a hangover.

DDF
Whitby, Canada
Destination Expert
for Tulum
Level Contributor
6,150 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Mott's Clamato Juice Baha Prinicpe Tulum?

Hubby uses the horseradish, not me just like the whoster and tabasco. 19 more sleeps!

8. Re: Mott's Clamato Juice Baha Prinicpe Tulum?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2009, 08:46