We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bahia Principe Tulum Best rooms??

Illinois USA
Level Contributor
156 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Bahia Principe Tulum Best rooms??

Going to the BP Tulum end of May has anyone a suggestion on what are the best buildings to request for ocean view?

Thanks....

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Bahia Principe Tulum Best rooms??

BPT villa # 12 is closest to the beach, while 14,15,16 and 17 are progressively further back, but still very nice. All of them are oriented slightly toward the South and get a lot of sunlight during the day if that's something that appeals to you. Ask for a second or third floor room. Excellent views of the Caribbean from all of these villas, IMHO. Oh, by the way, the Bahia rocks!

DDF
Whitby, Canada
Destination Expert
for Tulum
Level Contributor
6,150 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Bahia Principe Tulum Best rooms??

Yes the Bahia rocks, while Villa 12 is close to the Las Olas beach bar Villa 14, 15 or 16 would be a little quieter, been there twice and in 21 days will be back for our third time, this time Akumal side, the Tulum side is amazing, request those rooms as Villa 12 is right on the corner and gets quite a bit of traffic (people traffic) and right across the pathway from the 24 hour beach bar, Villa 14 or 15 is a much better area. We have stayed in 15 and 17 and loved both of them (third floor, king size bed is the best). They are all oceanview

BC Canada
Level Contributor
95 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bahia Principe Tulum Best rooms??

I stayed in Villa 12, 3rd floor last time I was there. I loved the location. Didn't have any problems with noise but I am sure it depends on the time of year you go and the crowd of people that are there also. I am going back in 20 days! Can't wait! I have requested the same room.

DDF
Whitby, Canada
Destination Expert
for Tulum
Level Contributor
6,150 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Bahia Principe Tulum Best rooms??

Candy03, then you are leaving on the Friday? We are leaving on the 14th, can't wait, 2 weeks of amazing Bahia, our third time back.

BC Canada
Level Contributor
95 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bahia Principe Tulum Best rooms??

We are also leaving on the 14th. Arriving in Cancun at 2:30 in the afternoon. I can't wait either!

DDF
Whitby, Canada
Destination Expert
for Tulum
Level Contributor
6,150 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Bahia Principe Tulum Best rooms??

We arrive April 14 as well, but we get into Cancun at 9:30 a.m., provided of course that they don't change our flight times...can't wait!

BC Canada
Level Contributor
95 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bahia Principe Tulum Best rooms??

9:30am? Wow! You must have an early flight! We are flying with Skyservice. I haven't heard very many good things about them. You have any feedback?

DDF
Whitby, Canada
Destination Expert
for Tulum
Level Contributor
6,150 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Bahia Principe Tulum Best rooms??

One is no different than any other airline, sardine cans, but it is the anticipation of flying to the Bahia. Our flight, hopefully, keep your fingers crossed is leaving at 6:15 a.m., we love the early flights, early out of bed to meet our limo, but we choose those flights. We are flying Air Transat, our choice of airline, not any better I suppose than the rest, but we are just used to them.

DDF
Whitby, Canada
Destination Expert
for Tulum
Level Contributor
6,150 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Bahia Principe Tulum Best rooms??

Yes we are leaving at 2:30 or so a.m., not p.m. Will be in bed early for a few hours sleep, but I can sleep on the flight, which I usually do. Sometimes hubby has to wake me up after touchdown and that really irks me because I miss the Cancun shoreline.

BC Canada
Level Contributor
95 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bahia Principe Tulum Best rooms??

LOL. It's probably better to leave that early. That way you don't miss out on half a day on your holiday. I hear what your saying about charter planes. I just heard that Skyserive planes are really old so it makes me feel a little freaked out! 18 days and counting!