We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can go to all 3 resorts to eat if you are staying at Coba

peoria
Level Contributor
23 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Can go to all 3 resorts to eat if you are staying at Coba

This is my 3rd trip back to the Bahia-but we have always stayed at on the Tulum side. My 2 children (20 and 25) found a great trip for the Coba side......While my husband and I were in the Tulum side we always went to all 3 bars, pools, restaurants with no problem...Is it the same if you are "housed" out of Coba?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
12,869 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Can go to all 3 resorts to eat if you are staying at Coba

Yep, its the same, just the buffets are different, I believe you have only two of the three buffets that you can eat at.

MJo
Spring Grove, IL
Level Contributor
2,484 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can go to all 3 resorts to eat if you are staying at Coba

These are the specialty restaurant options if you're staying at the Coba:

The Mikado - Japanese steak house with show cooking - you sit with a group of people

The Oriental - Oriental food located at the Hacienda

Le Gourmet - A gourmet, upscale menu

El Pescador - Seafood restaurant

Mediterraneo - Food with a Mediterranean flair

El Charro - Mexican restaurant

Dolce Vita - Italian food located at the Akumal resort

Sheffield, UK
Level Contributor
1,874 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can go to all 3 resorts to eat if you are staying at Coba

MJo - are they not the options available to you whether you are on the Coba / Tulum or Akumal side? or am i reading the comment wrong?

Iowa City, Iowa
Level Contributor
9,339 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Can go to all 3 resorts to eat if you are staying at Coba

I thought that they used to allocate the a la carte restaurants depending upon which section of the resort you were staying at, but I believe they have changed it to an open policy now. Now anyone can eat at any of the a la cartes, to the best of my knowledge, with the exception of the gourmet restaurants at each section which are meant for that section only (each section has it's own gourmet restaurant).

I believe this is the way it is now, but I could be wrong, so if I am, someone please correct me! Also, I'm not sure if VIP wristbands will make a difference, or perhaps Club Golden or Premier might change that, so if anyone has any other info, let us know!

MJo
Spring Grove, IL
Level Contributor
2,484 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Can go to all 3 resorts to eat if you are staying at Coba

Correct. You can use most of the buffets at all 3 no matter which resort you are staying at, but the specialty restaurant options are specific to the resort that you are staying at. Note, the Arlequin is for Akumal guests only.

There is also a buffet at the Premier section, which is not available to all guests.

I just didn't want Chris to think they could go anywhere.

Plus, reservations are required for the specialty restaurants.

DDF
Whitby, Canada
Destination Expert
for Tulum
Level Contributor
6,150 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Can go to all 3 resorts to eat if you are staying at Coba

That has always been the way, if you are staying on the Tulum side, you have no access to the Arlequin (gourmet) or if staying on the Akumal side you have no access to the Don Pablo, etc. When we were there in 2005, we stayed on the Tulum side and we could not use the buffet on the Akumal side, I suppose they have relaxed the rules, we will find out in 22 days. Most people (including myself) find the Tulum side has a bigger buffet, so more choices, we are staying on the Akumal side this time so if we cannot go to the Yucatan buffet, then we always have the Arlequin, which is in my humble opinion, the best ala carte as is the Oriental.

Most things are interchangeable, but certain restaurants are not.

Go enjoy, don't stress, it is an awesome resort as you well know.

When are you going back, it too is our third time and certainly won't we our last.

Waverley, Nova...
Level Contributor
204 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Can go to all 3 resorts to eat if you are staying at Coba

I was surprised to find out as I read the choices of a la cartes, while checking in to Club Diamond, that the Arlequin was not on the list.I'm certain I read somewhere that all a la cartes were available to Club Diamond guests.

Waverley, Nova...
Level Contributor
204 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Can go to all 3 resorts to eat if you are staying at Coba

We went to the Coba Buffet one night and the staff inside and out of the restaurant were outstanding. One drinks waiter in particular,Roger, made me his special drink. I believe it had Tequila, campari and Sambuca and yes it was lit on fire.I called it a flaming Roger. It was amazing.

Waverley, Nova...
Level Contributor
204 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Can go to all 3 resorts to eat if you are staying at Coba

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention on that night they had chocolate fountains, two white chocolate and two dark.MMMM.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
50 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Can go to all 3 resorts to eat if you are staying at Coba

I was there last October and you can use all the buffets. The ala cartes are limited. They select a variety of, I believe six or eight for each hotel. You chose from these. They change the restaurants every six months, so I believe I will have different choices when I go back in May.