We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cabanas Copal Wedding

Denver
2 posts
Save Topic
Cabanas Copal Wedding

Can anyone give me some advice on planning our wedding at Cabanas Copal? Our date is in early August and we have our rooms blocked off, but that's about it. We need to decide where we want to hold the ceremony, the reception, what food/drinks to have, and most importantly who will marry us and which ceremony style! It's so hard having never been, so any advice on how to go about this would be very helpful. We'd like to do a sunset ceremony on the beach if possible and will have about 20-30 people. We also understand that it's a clothing-optional beach, but really don't want naked people running around behind us during the ceremony... Help!

Big D
Destination Expert
for Tulum, Dallas
Level Contributor
14,328 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cabanas Copal Wedding

Doesn't Copal have a wedding coordinator?...that takes care of everything so you have nothing to worry about?

I've seen one of their weddings on the beach shared by Azulik and La Conchita - close to sunset. It was beautiful. And no nudies in sight.

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,497 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cabanas Copal Wedding

There is a wedding coordinator. If you call the 800 number on the website, Maria Lidia will organize everything for you.

Denver
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Cabanas Copal Wedding

Thanks for your reply. I am working with Maria, and she's been very sweet with giving me options and information. But I was kind of hoping to hear from someone who's actually been married there so that I can get some first-hand opinions and advice...

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
205 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cabanas Copal Wedding

Just curious....did you know this was a clothing optional beach before you booked to have a wedding here, but don't really want naked people running around behind you??

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,497 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cabanas Copal Wedding

I had recommended to Maria Lidia that she suggest the Azulik beach, rather than the Copal beach...it is not clothing optional, so it might work better for your group.

6. Re: Cabanas Copal Wedding

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2009, 06:49