We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best place to stay

Minnesota
Level Contributor
211 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Best place to stay

I am going to Playa by myself this November to dive. I am looking for a hotel/condo to stay at, not all inclusive. I thought it would be a good idea to get suggestions from the Trip Advisor forum. I would like to spend between $60 and $100 per night. I would like to stay north of Constitution avenue between 10 avenue and the ocean but south of Constitution would be fine if it's a nice hotel. I would also appreciate any recommendation for dive shops.

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
12,169 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best place to stay

We stayed in this condo and in November I think you would get a good rate.

Very nice condo, nice sized courtyard pool, 24 hour gated security, in the north end on Calle 38, in between Fifth and Tenth. Quiet at night and just down the street from la Cuevo del Chango (great breakfasts) and a lovely beach, in between Las Palapas and Mahekal, not too far from a few beach clubs. Several good restaurants nearby.

We dove with Pluto Dive Shop and they are just around the corner on Fifth in between Calles 38 and 40.

http://www.vrbo.com/110943

Ontario
Level Contributor
7,133 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best place to stay

Hotel Cielo - Very cute place! I stayed in a King balcony suite on the 3rd floor...it's between 10th av and 5th av on calle 4. I'm not sure what the pricing is now but did read today that there's special pricing for TA

Villa del Mar - I haven't stayed at this place but it was around the corner (10th av and calle 4) from Hotel Cielo..I really liked the look of it. Their website has changed so I'm not sure if it's the same owners or if they still have a pool and a dive shop but maybe something to check out.

Club Yebo is on my list as well...great reviews, small pool..next to a dive shop. In between 5th and the beach.

Ontario
Level Contributor
7,133 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best place to stay

About Hotel Cielo...if there was one thing I wish they had...and maybe it's being bratty/spoiled lol...I would love to see that them add a little dipping pool of sorts on the roof. :-D

Omaha, Nebraska
Level Contributor
394 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best place to stay

Check out Aventura Mexican. Very clean, charming, quiet. Between 5th-10th Ave and Calle 24.

Branford...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
6,802 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best place to stay

If youre going exclusively to dive... have you considered Cozumel?

6. Re: Best place to stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 August 2014, 09:47