We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Early Check in at Secrets Maroma?

Sugar Land, Texas
Level Contributor
2,620 posts
196 reviews
Save Topic
Early Check in at Secrets Maroma?

We will be arriving around noon time on a Tuesday the end of August. Has anyone EVER gotten to check in early? We have stayed at other Secrets and it seems like they just don't let you in early no matter what. Does anyone know what the occupancy rate usually is around that time of year? I know it isn't high season. Keeping my fingers crossed and putting my suit in the carryon!

DFW, Texas
Level Contributor
124 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Early Check in at Secrets Maroma?

I thought that early check in was part of the benefits of the preferred club package, I don't like to wait to check in or be rushed to check out, if you aren't in the preferred club you might consider upgrade if this is the case.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
59,672 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Early Check in at Secrets Maroma?

Even with the Preferred Club there is no gaurantee that a room would be ready at 12..00 - the official check in time is 15.00

Sugar Land, Texas
Level Contributor
2,620 posts
196 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Early Check in at Secrets Maroma?

And I don't mind waiting until three, but I was wondering if they just naturally say, "Room won't be ready until three" or if they will let you check in early if occupancy is low. We are members of the IPrefer Club which allows a late check out, but I don't know about check-in. I guess we will have to wait and see.

When we stayed at SSS, it was closer to 4pm but they were pretty much at 100% occupancy at that time.

Clinton Township...
Level Contributor
584 posts
273 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Early Check in at Secrets Maroma?

First time at SMB we showed up around noon and was told room wouldnt be ready til 2pm and it truly wasnt ready until then. We went and had lunch and drinks at Oceana while we waited. While we had lunch they held all my bags in the preferred club so we didnt have to wheel anything around.

Second time at SMB we showed up around 11am and were taken straight to the room.

Both trips were the first week of April which is usually a very busy time so I guess its hit or miss if you will get your room right a way when you get there.

Regardless...... you will be there so dont fret if you have to wait an hour or so for your room. Take your shoes off, grab a drink, and go soak your feet in the pristine sand!

Lexington, Kentucky
Level Contributor
315 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Early Check in at Secrets Maroma?

LIke Bowling Guru when I was at SMB last year we arrived around noonish, did the Preferred Club and the room wasn't ready until 2:30ish. They DID tell us at check in that the room wouldn't be ready until 3 though and asked us if we wanted to get anything from our luggage and advised us on what we could do during the wait. We had lunch, hung out a while and checked at 2:30 or so to see if the room was ready. It was so they let us in and our bags where there waiting.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
59,672 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Early Check in at Secrets Maroma?

Certainly if a room is ready they will give you it

Sugar Land, Texas
Level Contributor
2,620 posts
196 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Early Check in at Secrets Maroma?

Thanks everyone.....I am feeling lucky...we will be coming from Cancun (spltting the vacation) so I think I will just wear my bathing suit under my clothes and get down to chillin' ASAP!

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
496 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Early Check in at Secrets Maroma?

When we went about a month ago we arrived around 1:30 and our room was ready. Unfortunately, the AC did not work so make sure you check it before you start unpacking!

Sugar Land, Texas
Level Contributor
2,620 posts
196 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Early Check in at Secrets Maroma?

CLMST, now that is what I call a wonderful travel tip! Thanks.

10. Re: Early Check in at Secrets Maroma?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 July 2013, 03:16